Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials Fusion

George- you can add me as well - VTEC8400. My times are pretty even with Reynard's for the most part, he is usually who I target as far as ghosts. Cam's wife is another.

As far as getting a good launch at the start, are you shifting your weight forward as you accelerate?

I wouldn't worry about getting Trials Fusion so soon if I were you, unless you really want that 4-wheeler which for me is less fun than the 2 wheelers. Fusion is a solid game, but I can't find anything in it that's any better than HD or Evolution. The tricks are a throwaway for me, and track design might even be worse. The theme song- I'd like to delete it from the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 8400RPM View Post
    he is usually who I target as far as ghosts
    Of course you do... as do I with you.

Glad to hear your impressions of Fusion though. No rush to get it now as I have more then enough games vying for my attention and couple with their hooks deep in me right now anyway.

Cam's wife is another.
    She's surprisingly good.

As far as getting a good launch at the start, are you shifting your weight forward as you accelerate?
    I thought I had been, but after working on this specfically, I have improved quite a bit. Now I'm following Cam's ghost pretty well on some tracks until I crash and burn and his ghost disappears.

Got my first Platinum medal, and wasn't even trying, if you know what I mean. It's one of the bicycle-only tracks and I just happened to hit everything perfectly, I guess. I got lucky. I can look up the name if anyone's looking for an easy track to get Platinum on. It must be easy if I can do it "accidentally" on just a regular run. I wasn't practicing over and over to get it perfect.

The latest track to vex me is, I think, called Gigatrack or Giga-something (sorry, I'm at work) and it came with one of the DLCs in Evolution. It's a long track across the countryside, which is great fun, until you have to make a LONG jump, Evel Knievel style, over a train and land on a ramp that's *just that close* to being reachable. I keep smashing into the white barrel under the lip of the ramp. One of these days, I'll clear it again. I did it once but can't repeat the feat (yet).

Finally I have the Micro Donkey in Trials HD. Agreed on the amazing acceleration. This could be useful on some of the Skills Games where you have to bail out and fall down stairs to break bones or fly across a field for distance. Top speed is disappointing but realistic and the handling is comically awful.

I had a friend who had a Z50 when we were about 14 or 15 years old. Several of us had bought mopeds with our lawn-mowing money but Mark scrounged up an old Z50 from somewhere. It was a 3-speed manual transmission but no clutch. To shift, you rolled off the thottle and just shifted it, as you can do in an old VW Beetle without touching the clutch if you're careful and smooth.

Seems like it would idle fine in first gear and then when you'd twist the throttle, it would slip into gear and go like hell. That Z50 would smoke our 49cc mopeds on the trails in the neighborhood.

One day we were riding on the single-track trails through a park area near a small river and Mark swung out wide from the trail, as if to wildly pass us through the taller grass as we mopeds cruised on the trail.

Suddenly, he was gone - he disappeared into thin air!

We went back and found he and the bike had fallen into a shallow concrete pit dug some kind of utilities - power lines or plumbing or sewers - I don't remember, if I ever knew. He broke his shoulder blade in the sudden stop in the concrete bunker but the bike was fine as I remember.

/signing off from the summer of '82 or '83

Even though Gigatrack allows you to use the Phoenix, you pretty much have to use the Scorpion to make that jump.

Thanks. That's probably how I did it before.

Stylish tip o' the day: The Scorpion looks very "vintage" in white paint with a brown "leather" seat. The other bikes don't pull off that look as well, IMO.

Signed,

The Barefoot Bandit

(edited because I was confused about the Scorpion - I thought it was the lower-powered 250. The Scorpion is the 450. That's what I get for posting at work)
    Last edited by George; May 7th, 2014 at 06:51 AM.

The track I mentioned earlier that I was surprised to win Platinum on is called Cauldron Trail.

The 450 clears the jump in Gigatrack with a few feet to spare.

Cam's undoubtedly gold medal or better time on Gigatrack is six minutes and some seconds - six minutes! That's a long track. My best time is eleven-something. I think it's my favorite track in the game - a sprawling, long-distance journey over some very interesting scenery and obstacles that are challenging but not overly frustrating. My only complaint about this great track is that some of the checkpoints are pretty far apart. I wouldn't mind if I didn't crash so often.

I played WAY too much Trials this past weekend. I haven't been into video games in many years and forgot how addictive they can be.

Downloaded the demo of Trials Fusion. Cool, but the text on the screen is even tinier than the other two and mostly illegible on my 36" CRT TV. I have never wanted a larger TV or an HD TV, until now.

Also downloaded a bunch of Evolution user tracks and had fun with a few. A track called Trials Revolution is pretty cool with what I assume is a wood-burning motorcycle with perhaps solid wooden wheels circa 1776? Hard to tell on my TV. Also found one called Four Wheeler 2 that lets you drive a four wheeler in Trials Evolution. It's fairly slow. I also found some crazy downhill tracks and can confirm Cam's earlier claim (which was never in dispute) that the bikes will roll down long hills faster by coasting than holding the throttle down.

Fans of the long Gigatrack will like the user track Giga Island. It's another super-long track that's less "cross country" than Gigatrack but seems to be equally long and is cool in other ways. At first it looks like there are lots of extra ramps and other obvious "paths" to take but the bike will swerve in ways you might not expect. You'll think you're lining up for one ramp but you'll end up taking another in some places. I thought this might be to trick the player but what happens is you criss-cross an island and keep coming back to places you've already been, but on a different nearby path the next time(s) through those areas.
    Last edited by George; May 19th, 2014 at 10:23 AM.

I cracked and bought the season pass. There's only three DLC packs out right now, but three more are supposedly on the way. I'm a bit annoyed that there is still no online multiplayer mode. It's supposedly on it's way too.

I think Trials Fusion just doesn't have the magic the first two games did. Although, I think that's just what happens when a big publisher like Ubisoft/EA/Activision gets its hands on a property. They just strangle the magic out of it.

:deleted:

(Is the season pass worth it?)