Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doge Challenger Thread. Much power. Very purple. Wow.

I personally felt guilty about firing up the CTSV just to drive a couple miles to work, but it was nice having a big four-door when folks needed to go somewhere. As such, I don't much care for the Challenger. It's cool, no doubt, but it's cool from afar and not something I'd want around. Plus I have inherent distrust for Chrysler products. I might go in for a Charger SRT because it at least offers 4-door practicality to go with the nutty motor, but not a Challenger.

If you're interested in this general type of product, I think you should go find a Panther Marauder to match the SVT.

https://www.browndaubdcjr.com/vehicl...LJ74W29H525508

This is the other viable candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Carlo has been bullying me lately.
    Dafuq??

SRT8>R/T for the same miles & money. Good luck!

EDIT: Oh wait, is that SRT8 the one that's five hours away from you? Yeah fuck that thing.
    Last edited by novicius; May 18th, 2017 at 04:31 PM.

I haven't had any issues with my Challenger, aside from a hood seal that ripped and was replaced under warranty. The distrust of Chrysler products shouldn't extend to the LX/LC cars, IMO.

The red one is missing the rear lip spoiler. I've never seen an R/T without one. That leads me to believe it's been hit.

I'd go with the SRT, even the 425 hp 6.1L one, if you're going to get an automatic.

Carfax, which is worth the paper it's printed on and not much else, has never registered an accident for it which is something. It does have two open recalls though as confirmed on Mopar.com, one of which is an airbag issue and the other is mechanical (THE ENGINE TIMING CHAIN, TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER AND TIMING CHAIN GUIDE MUST BE REPLACED.) That's not very promising in terms of gauging the quality of prior ownership. Also, the build sheet tool at https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html is down, of course, so I can't see if the spoiler delete was on purpose or not.
    The SRT-8 recalls are all performed.

The color is the only reason I'm not into the SRT8, and the mileage is a little higher but not out of line for the age. The paint and trim just looks tired, can't tell if it's just water spots from them washing it or if it has been ridden hard and put away wet for 57k miles.

I'm not worried about build quality. I think either of these cars will be less fussy than the E60 we're trading in.

I'm pretty confident that I recall seeing 'spoiler delete' as an option on early cars at least, if not now Joe.

Looks-wise, I like the R/T over the SRT8 but, well, bad taste and all.

irt: spoiler delete

The one thing that bugs me about that (other than the look) is that the ad specifically says spoiler. Just don't know where that data was populated from.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    The distrust of Chrysler products shouldn't extend to the LX/LC cars, IMO.
    If any ChryCo products were to get a pass, they would for sure. But....

Viper gets a pass.....

Solid point. The Viper definitely gets a pass.