Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doge Challenger Thread. Much power. Very purple. Wow.

That looks absolutely stunning. Now that the Camaro has been ruined with the 2014 update this is now the best looking of the Pony cars in my eyes.
    I'll take the grey one in that blue with the cream interior please.

Charger designer's boss clearly only ever got shown the side, and rear three quarter shots before signing it off. Atrocious looking front end.

I will say that I'm not a fan of the "grin" coming from the lower vent opening on the new Challenger, but that's minor.

I hope the new interior and new ZF 8-speed backing the HEMI makes the sales leap off the page; it'll help to bring used 1st gen prices down.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    new charger looks like an oversized dodge dart now

Front and rear fascias are new - most obvious difference is in the taillights which now look like the 1972 model.

Considering how many compliments mine still gets, 3 years after I bought it and nearly 7 years after its introduction, not changing the exterior styling much is a no-brainer, IMO.

Moving the 392 down to the non-SRT cars should help it be more competitive in terms of horsepower per dollar with the Mustang and Camaro. The Hellcat V8 in the (still unannounced) SRT model should put it more in the realm of the Shelby GT500 and Camaro ZL1.

According to Allpar, quite a bit of the suspension that was steel is now aluminum and should save some weight.

It's still big and as such represents a different proposition than the Mustang and Camaro, IMO. It's more of a cut-rate BMW 6-series - a large, comfortable, but fast coupe. I think it's also the largest car you can buy these days with a manual transmission.

I can't hang with a 5.0 in the quarter mile. But I AM heading to Coachella tonight with three women who all are surprised at the space and comfort available in my Challenger for a 2 1/2 hour road trip - try that in a Mustang or Camaro!

The interior upgrades have me sorely tempted for the first time to trade in mine (make mine a Scat Pack in SubLime, please) but I probably will stay the course - at least until the Hellcat shows up.

Scat Pack? I don't think I want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Just saw the new Dodge Charger, and blech.

Went from looking mean, to looking like a bigger Dodge Avenger.
    I kinda prefer this version. The old Charger styling cues never seemed to work with the taller body on the new cars, IMO. They did a good job disguising the height on the Challenger, but seem to have mailed in design of the Charger to some degree.
    Whoomah!

The auto is now known as the Torqueflite.