Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doge Challenger Thread. Much power. Very purple. Wow.

Lacking any better place to put this:

image.jpg

Latrobe Road comprises many sections, but I'm pretty sure he's talking about this area:

https://goo.gl/maps/tKJgM

Like Damien mentions in the post, the pavement is very bad and there are some unexpected twists and turns. He and I used to barrel down that road at very unwise speeds. But we didn't have 700hp.

I still want one, but then I also want an Alfa 4C or an ND Miata and I can't have all of them.

35th birthday is next March, and my R/T was my 30th birthday present. Gotta figure that, by then, crazy dealer markup will be dead and gone on any of those choices. Plus maybe by then they'll do the Hellcat in Hemi Orange...

After seeing the 4C in the flesh, I was very disappointed. I'd rather have the Elise.

Not that I would ever buy a coupe version of a car when there is a convertible available, but the 4C 'vert appears to have a huge amount of junk in the trunk, and not in the sexy way that an MR car should.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Reportedly Offers 1,023 HP In Power Mode 3

Quote Originally Posted by autoevolution.com
    More to the point, a reported output of 1,023 ponies in the SRT Demon’s so-called Power Mode 3. It’s not known from where the Midwest’s largest Mopar event got this number, but the truth of the matter is, Dodge has yet to confirm if the intel is correct. On that note, take the present report with a bit of salt. Having said that, LX & Beyond Nationals tease us with three figures.
    First things first, 757 horsepower in Power Mode 1. That’s something to be expected based on a certain video teaser for the Demon. If my intuition is correct, the blown HEMI V8 churns out those ponies in its regular operating mode, running on 91-octane premium.

Then there’s Power Mode 2, which ups the ante to 815 horsepower. This output is also the subject of a teaser, but it’s a mystery what sort of powertrain changes the car operates in this mode.

Last, but certainly not least, the Demon’s Power Mode 3 unleashes the full potential of the world’s most powerful muscle car. 1,023 HP, to be more precise. According to the Facebook post attached at the end of this story, the third and ultimate mode requires three things: 100-octane or better racing fuel, the Demon Crate-bundled PCM (the crate costs a purported $3k), and Drag Mode. The latter enables higher RPM and broader power delivery.
    There it is. #fourdigitpower
    Attached Images Attached Images

Think of all the bent rods from people hitting mode 3 on 87...

I would be shocked if it doesn't have an actual octane sensor!

I don't know anything about cars, but my FiST has different power output depending on the octane, why wouldn't something this fancy have similar?

The wheel arches don't bug me as much in red as they do in silver.

Tho' that car is criminally understated. At least throw on some High Impact paint!

The fact that they used the AC compressor for performance is interesting.