Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doge Challenger Thread. Much power. Very purple. Wow.

No go on either. The R/T wasn't very good even for an R/T, and the SRT8 wasn't workable in terms of an agreement. They refused to budge on their advertised online price because 'that's just a number we use to get people in the door' and they offered us 30% of NADA trade in for the E60 ($2k). Ad price was $21.9k, they wanted $26.9k @ 8.9% for 75 (wtf?) months, or $450/mo.

I already have my own financing lined up but let them run the numbers to see if they could do any magic with their kickback. That's what they offered.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Is the E60 throwing codes or driving rough?

The accident from 2015 was the reason they stated. I had completely forgotten about it because it was basically cosmetic/body.

Same thing when I turned in my E38. They wouldn't budge because of an accident that was only cosmetic, and there were no traces of. I managed to get $2k for that as well. My dad had an accident free two year newer model (same 740i Sport), with some extra stuff (tint, winter package), and only got $1.5k about a year later.

I wish I had just kept it.

I understand their reasoning and now I know, no big deal.

That Challenger was actually a real great example. I wouldn't have had any reservation about buying it. Despite spending its life in DE/NJ/PA it didn't have a speck of rust on it anywhere. Drove straight, had buckets of power, and was comfortable to drive despite all of that power.

The 20" wheels are kind of lame since the brakes fit fine in 18" wheels, no real purpose for them. And that's a design issue anyway.

I just couldn't bring myself to pay $24k+ for a 8 year old Dodge with nearly 60k miles on it. If it's still there leading up to the 4th of July I'll call them and make another offer, but I highly doubt it because that car is the least expensive SRT8 within 300 miles in that kind of condition.

Now I'm looking at E46 M3s and E63s.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Ad price was $21.9k, they wanted $26.9k @ 8.9% for 75 (wtf?) months, or $450/mo.
    They were seriously refusing to offer the advertised price? That is incredibly illegal. I would call various departments and bureaus just to harass them!

Seriously, I can't believe they said that.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    The accident from 2015 was the reason they stated. I had completely forgotten about it because it was basically cosmetic/body.
    I hate that my car is effectively worthless now because a deer ran into my quarter panel. Even if it drives great, looks great, etc.

It's only worthless from a dealership's perspective - because Carfax has done such a great job marketing dealers are downright punitive with anything that won't pass the various popular Carfax certifications. That's not generally a problem with private sales - you will take some hit, and that's fair since a repaired vehicle is academically inferior to an original vehicle, but it's not the same penalty as you'd get trying to trade it in. Carfax is right up there with "global warming" in terms of mass scams that paid off.