Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doge Challenger Thread. Much power. Very purple. Wow.

The Torqueflite 8, no less! I think the US automakers should start using more of these retro-future sounding names. GM should be talking up the Hydramatic, Autronic Eye, and other such nonsense!

Chrysler builds the 6-cylinder versions in-house, and ZF builds the ones for the V8s.

Which means the 6 cyl. versions are built at their plant in Kokomo(aka Stop Light City), Indiana.

I love it. The subtle changes in the exterior with the shaker and the improved interior have put it over the top in the Pony car styling war. Huge thumbs up from me.

One thing I don't care for - they ditched the pistol-grip shifter on the manual versions.

When I first got mine, I thought my first mod would be a Hurst shifter with a cue-ball style knob. But after I got used to way I had to hold it (I tend to grab a manual shift knob from the top, though my RX-8 forced me into a sideways trip because of the odd shape of the knob) I loved it. It feels completely different than the various Mazdas and Hondas I've had, but not in a bad way. It reminds me of the weight in the controls of a Cessna or Piper, as compared to the similar feather-light touch of a Miata shifter, which felt much more like the Grumman Tiger I flew for a while. Both different, both enjoyable.

One of the things I did not like about the Mustang GT I test drove while I was waiting for a Boss to come in was the stubby shifter, which tried to marry a sports car style shifter with a muscle car transmission. It ended up with the worst of both worlds and it just didn't suit the car. Apparently since the MT-82 in the GT goes to pieces, I made the right choice, and honestly I'm glad I didn't spend the extra $12,000 or so the Boss would have cost me in real world to get a Tremec rather than the MT-82, though resale would be better than on my Challenger.

"Over 600 hp" 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

The cold air intake through the left front parking light is a nice touch.

A fair number of cars use that trick... eg 1993 Mercedes W124. I think my V70 did, too. Well, I guess they do it on the driver's side, but whatever.

707hp in the Hellcat. Wow.

Is it the most powerful car currently on sale? Maybe the Veyron is still being built.

All the new hyper cars are in the 900HP range. Still, that is just ridiculous for a what will probably be a 60k car.

Yeah, the P1, LeFerrari, 918 all have 700+ from their ICE's, and ERS gets them up to the mid 900's. Hyuara has about 720hp. Agera has anywhere from 920 or so to like 1300 (!). Ferrari F12 has 730hp.

The cheapest of those cars is the F12, which is like what, $300k?

(looked it up, the 918 actually only gets about 600hp from the engine.)