• A Williams

0 0%
  • A Ferrari

0 0%
  • Fred's Kosmic energy

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX

I heard some suggestion that Ricciardo has more experience driving a shitty car (ie. one that can't just go flat out through all sorts of corners) and that might be helping him now that there's less downforce.

Yeah. SV seems to struggle with the high demand on throttle control out of corners now. Makes you wonder about how important the RB 'traction control' was.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I don't think they [Renault] can unlearn how to thrust vector their engines, maybe it's just more difficult for now.

On SV's difficulites there was an interview with Kimi on Autosport (?) where he suspects they are both being more affected because of their driving style.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    It's from espn: http://www.espn.co.uk/china/motorspo...ry/155145.html

"I don't think I work the tyres very hard, so when there are cool conditions and wet conditions … for many years it has been hard to get the tyres working. Today it feels that when you have a new tyre it works well until the grip from the new tyres goes away and then you struggle and you have to go slower and the tyres cool down more - everything goes round and round and you cannot fix that.

"It's a thing that everybody hates, but there is not a magic thing and I cannot necessarily change everything with my driving. At the last race I could have done two stops [and gained an advantage] but the safety car changed [the race], so it works for you at some places and then against you at some. We just have to work and find some solutions when we have this and hopefully not end up with similar issues. Once you end up with that it's hard to get out of it, especially in the race."
    and then:

"I don't know why you always come up with motivation. If I didn't have motivation I wouldn't be here answering these kinds of questions. It's fuck all to do with that. We have bad races and it's an unfortunate thing, but the aim is to improve and get where we want to be."
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Question: who was more of a protegé to Webbo, Davidson or Ricciardo?
    Mitch Evans

I reckon Vettel will figure the car out eventually but it's really starting to look like Riccardo will beat him this year. Kimi I don't think will get there, Alonso will pull the team around him and my impression at least is that if the car doesn't work for Kimi he never really gets on top of it. With red bull while they may give the preferred race strategy to Riccardo I think the development side of things will still be slanted in Vettel's direction.

With Hamilton I was always under the impression that it was this year that he moved to Mercedes for and was assuming that last year would just be a mark out his territory, establish himself in the team kind of thing. It was just a big surprise that last years car was good as well (then again, Rosberg consistently beat Schumacher and Hamilton is consistently better than Rosberg so you have to wonder how good the Mercedes was before hamilton arrived).

But the race strategies were different from when Schumi raced till just recently correct? Instead of banging out super fast laps, they are chasing delta times, I remember Schumi complaining about that in his last season.

Either way, it seems Lewis definitely has the proper driving style/strategy/car to make him pretty much untouchable.

As for Kimi, I think he is suffering with the loss of DF just in the way Vettel is. But if I am not mistaken, hasn't Kimi finished higher than his qualifying every race this year?

Whoomah!

That is my favorite moment of all time.