Thread: The MOOC, continuous education, et cetera thread

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

The MOOC, continuous education, et cetera thread

You guys, we went thru a pandemic together and nobody has mentioned having taken Online courses!
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I'm looking for recos on 2 subjects, basically: introductory abstract algebra and introductory logic.
    acket.

I occasionally consider doing an MFA. It may happen yet, but not in the immediate future.

I finished my Bachelor's degree during the pandemic, and I REFUSE to learn anything else.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I graduated law school in December 2019, passed the bar in Feb 2020, and then COVID hit a month later. I kind of lost the will/motivation to continue structured learning at that point. The only thing I've really taken that's structured is an engine-building course (thanks Tyler) that I've only half finished.

I've always wanted to learn a second language (German, Italian, or Spanish) but the older I get the harder it gets.

Por que tienes Algebra muy abstracto?

That is illogical!

I took Spanish for seven years, from middle school into college, and worked in kitchens with (some, not all) native Spanish speakers for a couple years. I still wish I had a larger vocabulary, both incoming and outgoing, if you know what I mean, and could speak it without hesitation and constant mental translating.

Used to think I'd get an MBA someday from some online diploma mill, but I'm getting pretty old to be worrying about padding my resume now.

My wife got a Masters in Urban Planning from USC* during the pandemic. I guess technically they call it an executive masters, the program was always intended to be primarily online and for people who are mid career. Normally they have one week on campus intensive sessions a few times through the program between semesters, those sessions all ended up being done remotely as well though.

We did drive down to campus for graduation and she got to meet all her friends from class for the first time in person. It didn't seem like being online stopped people from forming friend groups, she still has an ongoing group text with her friends from the program.

She also has a job doing urban planning now as well!

*USC is University of Southern California, for those outside of the US!

Yes, when I was new to SoCal, I used to think USC is United States College!