Thread: MF Ghost (manga and anime)

MF Ghost (manga and anime)

Obviously I am biased, but the manga is pretty awesome. You can get it in English, but still from R to L, via Amazon Kindle/Comixology.

Looking forward to the Anime and have already ordered my special edition Edifice watch like a maniac.

Neat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF_Ghost

The series takes place in the 2020s, where self-driving electric cars have replaced internal combustion ones. However, in Japan, there is a large organization called MFG, founded by Ryosuke Takahashi (from the Initial D series), who does street racing with internal combustion cars. A new rookie, Kanata Rivington (カナタ・リヴィントン, Kanata Rivūinton) who is competing with the pseudonym Kanata Katagiri (片桐 夏向, Katagiri Kanata), a 19-year-old Japanese-British young man, has showed up on the scene driving a Toyota 86, and beating European top-tier cars, such as the Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Ferrari 488 GTB, Lotus Exige, Alfa Romeo 4C, Lexus LC500 and Porsche 911 Carrera. Kanata has been trained by legendary downhill and rally racer Takumi Fujiwara (protagonist from the Initial D series) at the Royal Donington Racing School in the UK and is a Formula 4 world champion. He has only one motive: to find his long-lost father.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yup. The future that it predicts isn't that far off.

I wonder if self-driving cars will be good enough to become that ubiquitous anytime soon. Because of complex, dynamic scenarios, having them do 100% of driving becomes a huge ask, and unless they're doing 100% you still need all the controls of a normal car.

But that's not the topic! Cool cars doing fun things with loving representation!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Blurb
    Lots of stuff about racing and drifting but I did a big “wht da fwuck lol” when it suddenly mentioned his dad

Gave me a chuckle. But ehhhh good enough excuse to make a drifting manga. So be it