Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VW Golf R400

There are massive threads on all the Subaru forums about the 2008 on ringland failures. Subaru refuse to admit it's a problem but the truth is, the EJ25 should never have been made into an STI. It was supposed to be a workhorse engine for the Legacy and Forester and never tuned to the degree it has been lately. The JDM 2.0 litres are unburstable but we never got those as an option and grey imports are just too expensive nowadays. I did look to the GTR but, at my price range, they're all out of warranty and that's a very scary thought!!!

Good thing my Legacy has a JDM 2.0L.

Used C63?

Before the CX7 we had a Legacy Tourer 2.0 and it was a fantastic car. I keep looking at C63s but part of my daily driver needs is something that does better than the 23mpg the Evo manages! And that doesn't cost £500 a year and rising in road tax!

I guess the A45 fits the bill then. I hope you enjoy it, for your sake!

Trying to organise a test this week. Wasn't a fan of its gearbox at launch but the salesman promised (haha) that it's much better after a software update. Though the Alfa still appeals......

The Golf R400 is currently rumoured to be £50k though, which is laugh out loud funny.

Yeah, the R400 at 50K is definitely one for the Lulz. Although even given what you said in the other thread, I still can't believe you're complaining about reliability and considering an Alfa.

Is anything well built now? Beyond the Honda Jazz, that is?

2.0L Susie engines.