Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Leon's car farm

They're a cheapie Chinese semi slick(ish - 190 treadwear), marketed under a couple of brand names. This one being "Blacklion". I've not tried them before, but a friend has recommended them strongly to me, and at the price of NZ$159 a tyre it's not much of a gamble, given that I'm going to guess that the Dunlop Z3 I'd run otherwise would be nearer $400 a tyre.

They won't be my normal road use tyres though, as I've picked up a set of the Evo X BBS alloys with some Michelin tyres on them. However they were bought at a distance so they're with a friend around four hours drive away at the moment. The Enkei's on the car are a bit heavier than the BBS wheels which will be on the car shortly (both factory wheels).

I used to get these Chinese made tires on the Tealbaru and they were awesome. They were called "Warrior" and from what I was told they were made by Michelin in China. No matter who made them they were cheap as hell, like $30 a tire and they wore great and provided great performance.

Much of the day to day tyres sold here are Chinese. This is my first try at a Chinese semi race tyre though.