Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Leon's car farm

Get it. It will be worth it. Trust me.
    Get that weak shit off my track

And if not you probably be able to flip it at decent rate.

Talking of probably being able to flip at a decent rate
    1) looks like my little Toyota Aqua has gained 20% value in 6 months!?!
    related to that
    2) looks like I might have just purchased (put a deposit on at any rate) a 2018 Hyundai Ioniq electric, in the nice spec with leather trim and heated seats and stuff.
    so
    3) assuming that is all good, I will be selling the Aqua.

VOLTION?

Here it seems the value of most everything has gone up, so it's kind of a net zero to sell if buying now unless it's selling a few-year-old used car for a new car that hasn't been market adjusted. Which it looks like you're kind of doing. Low demand for the Ioniq?

The Ioniq will be getting RVLTNG (Re-volting), which is what the Leaf and Aqua had on them.

*Huge* demand for the Ioniq. Petrol has done insane things here (and everywhere else) in the last few months. So the Ioniq's jumped from NZ$25k for one with 80,000km on the clock, to $36k, in the last two months. That's for the base spec one. I leaped on an ex lease one, with high spec (very rare in NZ) with low km, within perhaps an hour of it listing at an online "auction" house, and got it for $31k. So, I'm potentially buying $8k-$10k under true value (unless it is a dog when it arrives to me).

I really don't know how an auction house screwed up their market evaluation this badly. I'm used to private sellers getting stuff wrong. For example that MR-S I had for a couple of weeks, I turned something like 50% profit on it, by drying it out and polishing it. Oh yeah, and an air filter too.

I'm wait listed for a GR Yaris, and I don't really want $100k of cars in the driveway represented by two vehicles. So potentially if I do get a GR, this Ioniq might be flicked on at that point, hopefully for a solid profit.

A lot of variables in play with wait lists etc.

Blindly purchased Ioniq appears to be pretty good condition, will have a proper look at it and groom tomorrow. But it seems I may have indeed burgled a car at far below the real value.

https://imgur.com/a/BYgkikS

Shiny Ioniq is shiny, after half a day's work.

I have decided that this one has a name, and she is Alanis. Because the song "isn't it Ioniq".

RAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN

-Formerly Stabulator

what the ... how did I not know this awesome?