Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Leon's car farm

Celica convertible .... probably just broke in half while being driven

Yeah, the 2k 3k 4k 5k series of engines has only indestructibility to recommend it. In stock form, they don't appear to require oil or water, only petrol.

In related news, I'm navigating in a tarmac rally on a racecourse in a 5k powered KP Starlet in a few weeks. Should be amusing.

You should talk in a super deep voice like everything is in slow motion.

Nice rally driving! Looked like you really got into a fast groove about 1/4 the way into the run.

My next weekend racing was utter shite ... it was a sealed autocross on a short extension on a racetrack.

Suffice to say, rally height and softness suspension + fairly sticky tyres results in a considerable amount of rear inside wheel lifting, and some dramatic instability on turn in, and during transitions.

It got quite a lot higher than this.
    19990510_1392101767492892_9121781173340464860_n.jpg

RS Legacy is sold, for a pretty good profit. Which I'm happy with, given that I didn't like it at all

Purchased this today, Rhonda Burgundy.

Rhonda Burgandy.jpg

It's pretty funny. Also it's a complete deathtrap. I reckon this thing would have a worse crash rating than not being in a car at all while being thrown at a barrier.

Flip side of that is of course, excellent all around visibility, because the pillars are as thick as a drinking straw.

Yet again, I've found a timewarp car that has no right to exist in this state. Both the RS Legacy sold, and the City purchased are terrifyingly original and straight.

I'll chuck the City on a hoist at work, and have a good look through it, as they're famously rusty bags of crap, and I bought this one sight unseen.
    Last edited by Leon; February 16th, 2018 at 09:49 PM.

Rhonda Burgundy speedlines.jpg

Borrowed some Speedline wheels, which I will use in the competition events on seal that are on the cards for the next couple of weeks.

A small step towards the rally look. More!

The plan with this car, is that I will use it for the National Championships (50% grass 50% tarmac - light cars do well on grass, regardless of standard/low power) and then sell it on again.

It's too obscure and rare to realistically use it as a competition car. I can't even get basic stuff like water pump / cambelt tensioner / front brake rotors off the shelf.

There is one being used competitively at the championship, but that's running Civic D15 engine, custom suspension, modified brakes etc. That's the route you'd have to take with something like this car, and I don't need a money pit.

It's proper fun to drive on the road though. 700ish kg of tin can.

This is probably the worst handling car I've driven.

At one stage, it felt like only the diagonally opposite wheels were touching the ground

Worst-handling, but most fun?