Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Leon's car farm

Oh that's nothing ... you should have seen the workout that my Corolla handbrake got for about 12 years before I went to a hydraulic handbrake (because Corolla disc handbrakes suck).

Damn near used to get the handbrake to the roof on a regular basis.

You need a "spin turn button".
    I never really had much sucess with the Silvia doing handbrake turns,always felt like you lose too much momentum.But that does look quite tight though.

It is very tight. I've done that course in a Lotus 7 replica with shims to reduce the steering lock.

It was about 150mm (six inches) wider a stretch of road than the width of the Lotus' turning circle.

Outside view. Shows that narrow road is narrow.

Me driving quite badly on Sunday. Because bad driving makes better footage than tidy driving.

Was having a great fight with a V6 supercharged MR2 on semi slicks, for class honours. Terrific fun.

You're right. Bad driving is more fun.

You've had a lot of FWD/AWD in recent times - how's the RWD treating you (other than fun )?

Rear drive is going pretty well, I think I did pretty well in class and overall on Sunday, was second in class the other week.

I've had quite a few rear drives over the years, so I'm pretty relaxed about FR. But this Altezza is something pretty challenging to drive.

If this 4.0 V8 was in my 86, dear lord that would be a FUN bit of machinery.

I would buy an 86 with more motor - it would definitely be enough to get me off the fence. At 200 I'd just rather have a FxST.

I really enjoy that the Lexus V8 has become fairly inexpensive... it was always such a nice motor but Lexus never put it anywhere I really cared about.

It's not an exciting engine when it's pushing a tubby automatic comfy car around.

Very true. And Lexus definitely excelled at tubby, comfy cars.