Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Leon's car farm

https://www.grumblo.com/video/1661

Outside video footage of the Altezz8 from Sunday's hillclimb.

Possibly my final event in the car, as I've got another club guy interested in buying it. So we shall see if he has the money.

Wasn't my final event in the car in the end, did one more ...

Altezz8 is now sold, just awaiting the guy to arrange a truck to pick it up.

It was a pretty awesome car, but I just don't have enough time / money / energy to compete in both tarmac and gravel regularly, and I enjoy gravel a lot more.

However, no regrets about having owned this car, and had some good fun racing it.

Waiting for my friend to get a rusty POS Corolla out of his garage, so that I can finally move the RS Legacy from my lawn, to his garage.

Once this is done, I will have "only" the Corolla caged car, 86, and Prius. Counting the days .... so sick of having this many cars to keep track of, and keep road legal.

Oh great, so we've had two days of 60-80mph winds, and torrential rains.

Part of a block wall as fallen down due to this. Onto the Toyota 86. Sigh. There goes my original paintwork on that side, and my insurance no claims bonus.

I *think* this might be my first insurance claim other than windscreen / glass coverage on my own auto insurance ever, and my first auto insurance claim in the last 20 years (I crashed a work car about 20 years ago).

Gravel zoomies in the Corolla from last Sunday. Good enough for second in 1600cc car class.

Sure looks fast!

What took the gold?

A Toyota Starlet KP60 (rear drive) running a 4AGE. I can't keep up with a well driven one of those, as they clock in at around 700kg, while my car is 1080kg.

KP60s are rad.
    Whoomah!

Yeah, that'd be a tough one to beat!

Yup. I was pretty worried that day, as there were three or four 4AGE powered Starlets entered, so I thought I was going to be massacred.

Luckily for me, most of them weren't really on the pace.

They're a good car with a 4AGE in them, but they're pretty rubbish with the old 4k engine, which was the biggest they came with in NZ. 1300cc of wheezy lack of power, mayyyyyybe 50hp worth.

A friend in high school had one with what I think was a 3TC that was pretty quick, but otherwise was just a clapped out Toyota and terrifying to drive. Certainly no 4A, but better than a 4k for sure. He later got an A60 Celica convertible with an M-series swap... I don't know if it was a 6 or 7, but it was really fast... at least for high school in the '90s. I don't remember how it happened, but he ended up balling it up somewhere. Too bad - it was *mint* (I guess it was only 6 years old at the time!)... I loved that car.

Edit: I guess it would have been a 5MGE or 7MGE from a Supra... that would probably make more sense. We didn't get the 6. A 7MGE from what would have been a current Supra in 1991/1992 seems likely.
    Last edited by thesameguy; July 17th, 2017 at 03:48 PM.