Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Leon's car farm

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Looks like someone went straight ahead at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Looks like someone went straight ahead at the end?
    Yup. We had a Skyline off at the point where I hit maximum speed, an Integra spun into a fence a couple corners later, and an AE101 Trueno went straight ahead at the finish line (looks like barely missing the finish crew and truck) and then went straight off the bank. Had to be craned out.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Far out, people just need to calm down a bit.

Took the City out at a grass autocross.

I fear it actually has 0% shock absorber function, and that I may need to spend money on it, if new shocks are in fact even available.

I had a couple of spare wheels in the back, along with a couple of chilly bins of drinks, and I was pretty much reading out the Last Rites to myself while driving over the mountain range to the event today. It was painfully ill handling.

Wow. Looks like fun.

Good enough for third overall behind 2 WRX's, and fastest two wheel drive , out of a total of 50 vehicles entered.

So .... sold City.

Bought and drove around Swift Sport 2006 for 5 months or so, as an experiment to see if it's any good as a future rally car. The answer is, no, not unless I buy one that somebody has already sunk $5k or $10k into, for race seats, rollcage, belts, and crucially, limited slip diff. Sold Swift.

Looks like a workmate is buying my Prius, so I'm going to be a 2 car family soon, which is weird.

Looking for a 2.5 - 3.0 turbo diesel something as a future tow vehicle, so that I can get Corolla rally car more comfortably to the events I currently attend, and more importantly mean I can with lower risk get to rally / gravel events further away from home.

Looks like all going well, I will be owning my first Korean car. A somewhat scruffy Kia Sorento.

Also, my first diesel vehicle.

The photos make it look much shinier than it is in reality.

Tow hack duties

Kia Sorento 2.jpg

Neat, it looks battle ready. The two-tone in the wheel arches make it look meaner than it probably is.

By comparison to everything I've ever owned, it's miles off the ground, which is weird.

Things I've found wrong so far, rear wiper doesn't go, and there seems to be a pulse in the brakes, so I'm assuming front rotors are needing a skim or a replace. Given that I bought it from a car yard, with a mechanical inspection report stating all these things were checked and found in good condition, I'll have a go at getting the yard to remedy it.

I've bought oil, filter, new drain tray to cope with 8.2l of oil, new stereo & plugs. Have on my various open browser tabs: new alarm/key remote (it came with one remote only), new floor mats (it has none), boot (trunk) liner rubber mat (cos I will be hauling wheels and stuff in the back.