Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S14 240SX + VH45DE

S14 240SX + VH45DE

Finally back to working on this, hopefully I will have it running in the next few months. Little snug but it fits, I need to pull the engine back out to get the headers on and replace the brake booster with a smaller sentra one, had to get it in to tow the car home to my new garage. All I need now is a ECU and harness, radiator, heater hoses and make an exhaust and fix some odds and ends. Here how she sits now. Really would love to throw one in the X after this one is done.

Wow, looks great in there. Any idea on weight difference?

Bet it'll drive really nicely with all that instant linear oomph. Good luck with the rest of the work and let us know how it drives on the limit once it's done!

If I remember right, its about 150 lbs more than a dressed SR20 (with the turbo and cast iron manifold) I'll have to go back and find the actual weights someone did on V8 Nissans. I'll be down about 45 whp from the sr when I pulled it, but up about 35 ft/lbs of torque with an even wider torque curve. I can't wait to rip through the mountains in it, something i've missed a bunch.

That is looking amazing. I am really jealous! That is going to be a great setup I think - I'm still stunned at how well it fits!

Check your PM, I have questions...

Plenty of room!

Lightweight RWD V8 coupe
    Get that weak shit off my track

PS call it a 248SX.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Why is that motor designed so that the intake plenum sits perpendicular to the cylinder banks rather than parallel?

Good on ya... looks like a hell of a lot of work, but that ride will be uniquely YOURS.

Probably so it could fit under hoods with a low hoodline, like the SC400, without compromising the plenum volume. It is not the motor's most attractive feature.