Page 189 of 202 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2019

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

I feel like they have increasingly been unapologetic about copy real-world cars. Initially it was all kind of a mish-mosh, but as DLC rolled out there are definitely GTA brand identities.

A lot of the new retromobiles are fun.

Argh... this game sucked me back in. I hadn't really touched it since last year, but the heat wave last week left me no choice but to sit inside. The last thing I did before putting it down was buying a... I don't know what you call it... An import/export business of some type. I never used it. Some of the missions associated with it are fun and frustrating - one of the modes is "vehicle cargo" where you are sent to a place to pick up (steal, carjack, whatever) some unusual ride. You then have to bring it back to your warehouse. During that drive you're in open world, so anyone paying attention might target you along with, invariably, the people you stole it from. Makes for a frantic getaway. Once back in your warehouse you arrange a sale, so you have to deliver it somewhere, back in the open world, where you probably want to avoid other players. It's all very cat and mouse, and good fun. You can make multi-car deliveries if you have people working for you and that could be fun, but would probably just be frustrating... too many pieces to manage! A completely successful theft/sale might net $80k, but any damage eats into that, total loss equals, well total loss. Not sure how long it'll remain appealing, but I still do like this game which, IMHO, is remarkable.

I'd still be playing the game if they added in any new Contact Missions. #cry

Basically make it that you can solo Lamar's missions and even a few Heists -- or JUST FUCKING ADD IN SOME NEW CONTACT MISSIONS, R*!!

I think they sort of did - there are missions associated with the various businesses. I didn't realize that until last night. To unlock discounts and maybe some access to new vehicles, you need to do specific contact missions. I don't know what they look like, but here are some of them:

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Vehicle_Work

The buy in for access to these missions is several million dollars, because you need to buy the import/export & gunrunning businesses... but that's not a big deal.

There are also the Lamar/lowrider missions, which I never played either. But I am going to have to do those business-related missions because I do wanna play with some of those vehicles.

I am perpetually bummed virtually none of the missions are as fun and complex as Los Santos Connection, but I guess that concept got spun off into the heists.

Here is the summary of the first Special Vehicle Work mission:

The Assistant tells the players to proceed and take a Rumpo Custom and a Ramp Buggy to extract the SecuroServ's clients at the Union Depository. SecuroServ then alerts that the clients are in a hurry for extraction and are surrounded by the LSPD. The Ramp Buggy drivers have to breach the roadblocks composed of Interceptors and Sheriff SUVs and go to the lower entrance of the facility while the Rumpo Custom's driver have to extract the clients.

Once the clients are in the extractor's van, the team have to escape from the police while providing a clear path to the van, using their buggies to flip any police car and vehicles from the traffic. Players have to be careful, as there will be concrete barriers deployed next to the police vehicles. After the player passes the tunnel under Fort Zancudo, police will no longer chase the team, so the van's driver is safe to carry the clients to the evac point.
    Seems totally on par with most of the OG contact missions.

I thought all the missions you did online for businesses had to be done with two or more people?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Exactly -- you can't solo those missions from what I've read.

That is true, that is true. I never really solo missions anyway so no great loss for me.

I have continued to enjoy the vehicle cargo missions and it seems my antics with Cargobobs have paid off. I am pretty damned good at swooping down out of the sky and just picking vehicles up off the road. One of the retrievals was "the car is out racing, you'll need to stop it and grab it." No worries. It did take two passes, the first time I was going much to slowly (as Cargobobs do) to have any real shot, but the second time I got some altitude and came down really fast, hook dangling on the ground with the Cargobob maybe 6' off the ground. It was pretty funny flying it back, as the driver stayed in the whole time gunning the engine like he was still on the race track. Dropped him off at my warehouse, and the mechanic walked outside, tossed the driver out, then drove the car in. We would make terrible criminals in real life. I had less good luck stealing a car off a cargo ship, but that was mostly because they sent a pair of Buzzards after me - as I mentioned, the Cargobob is not fast. I am confident things would have worked out, except after taking a few hits I knew I had to set the car down and in doing so dropped it on its roof. Well, better luck next time.

With the dog laid up, I've been really happy about the recently added content to GTA as being able to sit in the den with her all the time is... necessary.

Over the weekend they offered 2x rewards for playing "Mobile Operations Missions," which like the Import/Export missions are centered around specific vehicles. Muscle cars with rocket launchers and dune buggies with machine guns. Nothing gets people to pay attention and act right like double money. In probably 10 hours of playing there was maybe one or two quit & fail, and the rest was people, like me, grinding for cash. Get in, get out. Over and over. Even though it was the same 4 missions it was always 4 players working hard, working with each other. It was fun, and at least not a bad way to spend most of the waking hours of a weekend.

The result of my labor is one of the expansion vehicles, a horribly unbalanced death machine:

It's a flying rocket motorcycle that shoots homing missiles. (Makes perfect sense if you think about it)

The mission version is crazy because you have to try to get knocked off of it, in freeroam it's quite a bit easier. Of course it's very easy to get gunned down when you're driving one, but it's hilariously easy to get away. Anything in the sky is pretty much dead; on the ground, as long as there is space for a homing missile to turn anything in front of you is dead. It's a bit poorly conceived, but OTOH its sheer presence has really cut down on people flying fighter jets around so that's nice.

I am really not interested in blowing people up in freeroam - I'll get into fights but as a rule I don't pick 'em - but flying the Oppressor around on resupply or vehicle retrieval missions is great. Being able to land pretty much anywhere, at any time, is a big convenience and it's pretty effing fast crossing the map. Plus, finding crazy things to launch off of or land on is good fun. I've been able to explore, um, architecture that is otherwise unreachable. Sometimes physics gets really wonky in areas of the map - last night I bounced *hard* off a fire escape and ended up across the street.

I read that GTA:O had a record quarter connected with this new content and they revised financial estimates based on continuing success. Some of the dialog in the new content hints at more new content... it's crazy how long they have been able to drag out this environment, and the fact that even though it's quite old now it still feels great to play in.

I imagine I have a bit more stuff to experiment with, but this round with GTA is probably nearing its close. Hopefully I continue to find it enjoyable until the dog is better and I can get back to work.