Page 194 of 202 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2019

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

I need to finish this game.

Six hours a day, eh? Must be nice to have that kind of free time.

I always find time for my obsessions. Same as when I binge watch TV shows.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah there's some games out there i try to make last as long as possible. Mad Max is probably the best example. Have had two 'attacks' at the game since i bought it ages ago, but then always move on to something else because i don't want to experience to end. Haven't yet tried it on my oled and PS4 Pro, but i think next crack at it will be the final one - game will start looking a bit dated if i leave it too much longer, and hopes of a sequel (to the game and movie) are faded enough to move on now too.

Far Cry 5 is another one i'm letting drag on, only got Faith's territory left to go and i just love how she randomly just pops up and dances/sings/talks near you all the time but then disappears before you get too close.

But yeah, GTA i also let drag on a while, and spent quite a bit of time just watching the world go by/people/animals interact with each other etc.

It's why i'm leaving Red Dead Redemption 2 for 'last' in terms of my backlog.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I went through M a couple times. First time legit, second time cheated my ass off (how most games go with me, actually). I've yet to fire up New Dawn, I'm still fucking around with RDR2 (have been since November).

I tend to play a game exclusively until I'm "over" it. Fallout 4 was probably the biggest one, with 1600+ hours logged on it. I went through that one at least 20 times.

I played some GTA V early Sunday morning before anyone in the house was up. I did the same the Sunday before as well. It's pretty fun, still, but I get bored after a while and go do more responsible things. I usually play as Franklin, steal interesting cars, and take them up to the "free" custom shop that Franklin owns and max them out, including the small round hubcaps and white-letter tires on the most modern of sports cars. Then I'll drive around looking for others to steal, or go on sidewalk pedestrian death rampages and run from the cops with red blood splattered on the front of the car. I still enjoy auto, motorcycle, and off-road racing as Franklin.

I have forgotten a lot of the buttons on the controllers, such as how to detonate sticky bombs and how to fly airplanes. I keep hitting buttons that I think might do what I want them to and that can have some unintended consequences, like Trevor bailing out of the plane he was flying or Franklin suddenly shooting from his car while I'm trying to do a quick 180-degree turn. I also keep thinking B is the emergency brake also, which changes the camera to cinematic mode just in time to see myself crash.

And, while I used to think this game had The Best Graphics Ever, I guess I've gotten used to modern quality graphics and now they don't look quite as amazing. Still great, but not up to the level of awesomeness I see on my son's gaming PC.

The only "real" mission on my map right now is FBI Heist, which I haven't attempted yet. I also have some Strangers & Freaks and various other things, but it's not like it was when I had two or three missions per character. I think I'm up around 70% complete but I'm not sure. I'll have to check the next time I get some free time to squander. I also need to re-learn how to steal a fighter jet from Fort Macanudo and fly around shooting what I remember being unlimited missiles at traffic on the highways.
    Last edited by George; June 3rd, 2019 at 02:17 PM.

I played some GTA V this weekend when I definitely should have been doing more responsible things. I got to the point where I can choose to...

Spoiler:
    ...kill Trevor, kill Michael, or choose something called Deathwish. I now see this is a much-discussed event online, but I'll continue without reading and watching spoilers. I don't want to kill either Michael or Trevor, as I still have missions to do with them, I think - like the weirdo guys that Trevor teams up with now and again, his flying missions, and whatever Michael's minor missions are that I can't remember at the moment. I want to keep access to their houses and garages as well.

It seemed a good time to save the game.

Later, while just goofing around instead of trying to complete missions, I found a crop-duster biplane up around Sandy Shores and flew it down south to the city. I was flying it under highway overpasses when it got stuck on a wall of cement dividers between directional traffic lanes. It was going so slowly that it didn't really crash as much as just suddenly stopped flying. I hopped out and ran away, thinking I'd steal a car or maybe quit and go to bed like I should, but just then the biplane exploded and burst into flame. Perhaps a car hit it; I didn't see because my back was turned.

To my amazement, a fire truck showed up in seconds and the firefighters jumped out. Naturally, I stole the firetruck.

This is where it got fun in the "open-world way" that makes GTA V so fun - driving around and making random mischief. I've driven firetrucks before (I used to steal the one parked up in the northwest corner of the map near the coast) and figured out how to use the hose on top again. I had forgotten you can blow pedestrians clean off their feet with that thing. Sometimes doing that will make the police come after you, but not always.

In addition to knocking down little old ladies, the hose will make cars stop and often drivers will jump out, become a red dot on the mini-map indicating an enemy, and rush the driver's door of the firetruck, inviting another mighty blast from the hose, of course.

Well, I managed to get on a one-way, two-lane highway access ramp and stop diagonally across both lanes, which caused a pileup behind me. I sat there laughing and blasting people and cars with the hose as more and more cars arrived and some drivers got out to express their displeasure. Somehow this went on for a long time without me becoming wanted by the police.

Later I stole a hearse, drove it up to Franklin's custom shop up north, and was pleasantly surprised to be able to modify it. I figured it would be like police cars and several others that cannot be modified at Los Santos Customs. A couple of the windows got broken somehow (I know; right?!) and I could see there was a coffin inside.

Maybe it will be less than six months again before I get a chance to waste some more time with this game that still makes me laugh and distracts me from real life for a while.

I have this major first world problem. I use a ds4 to play gta5 in Windows by using ds4windows. But the onscreen prompts are mapped to an xbox controller where the alphabets are different from both the Nintendo layout and of course the ds4 layout. So I could choose to buy an xbox controller, or print/write out a reminder below rhe monitor of what xbox buttons are where on the pad. Obviously I did the latter.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; January 3rd, 2020 at 11:10 PM.

Junior Potato
    Are you using Steam?

I’m pretty sure Steam has native DS4 support now, so you can ditch DS4Windows, plus it’ll show you the correct buttons on-screen.

Maybe it’s game-dependent, in which case ignore me and continue as you are.

Game dependent, and am using Rockstar Social Club only, so TAKE THAT, HELPFUL ADVICE!!!!!

Get the Xbox One wireless controller with the Windows wireless usb dongle (the new smaller one).
    Best PC controller ever.
    It's like asking "I need a new great tablet. What do I buy? An iPad or some Android one?": there's only one right answer.

This one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wir...s%2C230&sr=8-3