Page 191 of 202 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2019

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

I don't play many games, but those I've played all seem to have either grind or $ DLC... either stuff you need to get to Level 50 for or pass the game five times on Ultra Nightmare or something. I don't think I've ever seen a game that slips DLC into the regular game. I guess maybe some DLC are levels or whatever you can just jump into, but "Special Vehicle Cargo missions" are just missions you can jump into at any point. You may not like "Special Vehicle Cargo missions" gameplay, but as much as I enjoyed the Arkham games I never enjoying the arena combat DLC. IME there really aren't many if any games where you just get the DLC in-game.

I do agree there should be some "fuck about" mode for new content, though maybe not for the same reason... You can try very little before you buy, and it sucks dropping coin and finding out you hate it. I might actually buy a shark card or two if I was sure I'd enjoy the purchase... I'm sure as shit not trying that hard for anything without trying it first.

There are a number of games that just release new weapons, character, levels, and game modes for free and already unlocked. Typically they're smaller updates just meant to keep people playing, and/or there are other attached microtransactions for cosmetic items (for example every new Overwatch character is free and immediately available to use, but they have plenty of costumes, sprays, emotes, etc to unlock through grind or microtransactions).

I think the problem is just that I'm a person that enjoys GTA for its single player now more than anything. Other games I own do almost every other part of the GTA experience better, so it's just the story, humor, and set pieces that set GTA apart. I'd be perfectly fine with paying $15 or whatever for 10 more hours of a curated single player experience, getting back into the game and playing through it, then being done with it. But that's not what they want. They want me playing GTA Online for another 50 hours, just participating in the level up/loot loop. I'm sorry, the game isn't good enough for that. I don't crave chaos enough.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Rocket League is very good about adding new free content while tossing in superficial micro-transaction stuff for people that want to do it. All the arenas are free. You can buy special cars if you want but they're not necessary, I bought the BTTF Time Machine when it came out. I don't collect the stickers and modifications so I have a ton of crates and stuff in my inventory that will never be opened.

I guess I am one of the only ones here still playing this. It took me forever to convert from the X-Box 360 to the One, by then everyone here moved on. I was hooked on Rocksmith so long, I didn't feel the need to switch. When I did, I had to start all over. I'm back up to level 74, not as high as I was but working my way there. To me it is such a better game on the newer consoles, with all the updates, vehicles, career choices and everything. Just got my Buzzard today, already had a Cargobob. I have the office and vehicle warehouse to do import/export, and the bunker for gun running. Having loads of fun with both so far.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I got sick of the grind for money online, ruined the game for me. I sometimes go back to do online races etc with peeps from another forum, but yeah.

You know you don't have to own absolutely every item in the game, right?

Stockpile is pretty fun, using aircraft to collect flags (or whatever they are) for your team, whatever team has the most wins. 2x XP and money through December 11th.

Correct Novi. I still haven't bought a supercar in the PS4 version of the game (only have the Koenigsegg looking thing from the PS3 version), and have never done import/export, ceo/vip, biker gangs etc etc cos of the costs, ongoing costs, and seemingly repetitive type missions (in public sessions...) that you have to do to keep the money flowing more than the debt.

Only have a few guns, and not many clothes etc. Most of my money has been spent building up one ten car garage full of Skylines, and still have a couple to finish. The economy in game is more inflated than Vietnam's real life currency (in my opinion, probably not true though), and if there's one thing i really despise it is corporate greed. Just like how i hate our 'main' pay TV company in NZ, www.skytv.co.nz for the same exorbitant pricing.

I know we'll never get those days back, and i've said this before - but the most fun i've ever had online was in Red Dead Redemption. Especially in the Friendly Free Roam lobby.

GTA:V is doing a RDR2 tie in. Complete a treasure hunt to get access to a gold double action revolver. After you get it, get 50 headshots in Headshot Challenge and you get smug self satisfaction, $250K GTA bucks and access to the gun in RDR2.

Tempted to try that if its not too hard/time consuming.