Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocket League

Rocket League

I'm kind of surprised there was no thread for this game. It's one of the "Free Play Days" games this week-end. It seems pretty popular and Rypien GT told me it's, "...heaps of fun." I tried it out last night. I did the tutorial, then tried one game online. I scored two of our team's three goals and made such a spectacular save at one point that I regret not recording it. I got the star player at the game's end. Not bad for my first go. I'll probably never duplicate that performance again.

It takes some getting used to the steering (twitchy) and controls, but I can certainly see it being, "...heaps of fun." Anyone else trying it this week-end?

I bought it when it was $20 and never played it. I can change that this weekend
    Get that weak shit off my track

Dodint is a serious RL player, I've read.

I play it with my son. He uses a wired Xbox controller plugged into the USB port of the computer and can do cool tricks such as mid-air barrel rolls that I can't do (or can't do as easily) on a keyboard. He says a wired controller is the way to go if you're playing on a computer.

I should have clarified that it is free for the Xbone this week-end through XBL, where I will be playing it.

I'm a m'f' LEGEND!

I got it from with PS+ for free last year.

Quick fact: The Rookie/Semi/Pro/Veteran/Expert/Legend just denotes, basically, how long someone has played based on experience points acquired. It has nothing to do with skill, there is a different metric for that.

OK, I'm enjoying this game.

This game is ADD genius.

Bought.

The beauty of Rocket League is twofold for me: (1) it feels like real sport, it's not contrived (no rubber banding or difficulty sliders) and (2) the matches are only 5 minutes so you can play to kill time while dinner is in the oven or for 9 hours straight.

Yeah, this game is heaps of fun, even when my team is losing. What a laugh riot.

Bought. (Not deleted! )