Page 200 of 202 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2019

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

Thanks. Figured that out when I was in a more slow-moving situation (a simple carjack) and could see the dot appear when the driver came at me.

Just discovered racing - automobile "land races", specifically. Very fun, when there are people racing to win and not trying to see how many other drivers they can slam into and knock off the course. I guess in any online game, there will be those set on spoiling others' enjoyment. I don't mean "honest" pileups caused by hard driving, but having someone pull up next to me, swing wide, and then hard over into my car. It's very obvious, and as I have low-level cars in my garage and/or use the stock cars for that race (because I don't own a Super, for example), almost everyone is faster than me - but that won't always be the case.

All in all, though, this game is worth every penny I paid for it.

I'll try to post less often about it, but I'm just really diggin' it right now.
    Last edited by George; May 27th, 2020 at 05:45 AM.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Hey, we love your long and often posts, so don't think we're getting bothered by them!

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Hey, we love your long and often posts, so don't think we're getting bothered by them!
    Hey man, be careful, George is cool but... only if you read his posts a bit at a time?

Junior Potato
    El oh el.

George, have you delved into the wonderful world of GTA modding on PC yet? It’ll open a can of worms for you.

Thanks to mods, I’ve just spent the last three hours spawning every single vehicle available.

Some of the newer DLC cars are bonkers. You can’t get them in single player if you don’t use mods.

No, and I don't really have time to dig in that deep. Right now I'm just spawning in my apartment and then going to Jobs and then to Races. I've been learning which cars I like in each class and the courses. Have won a few, but usually I'm in the second half of the pack which can seem like being in car combat scenes in futuristic dystopian disaster movies.

My favorite so far is driving the Ocelot Swinger at the Grapeseed Circuit. Too bad the car costs $900K.

I kept that Imponte Phoenix pictured above and gave it respray in all one color - Sea Green, I think. It now has the huge rear wing and I finally unlocked white letter tires, so life is good. I might give it the Rockford treatment in the future.

I have learned to stay away from all other players in Freemode and not to stand around on the sidewalk after respawning. I also found that pressing one of the buttons on the D-pad lets me see a map of the surrounding area while indoors. This has saved me a couple times when I've found other players waiting outside my apartment or garage to kill me when I came out. A couple other times, I didn't know about that trick and got whacked as I came outside and went right to the Pause menu to set a waypoint. Fool me once...

I like my free apartment. The website said something like a man lived there for forty years before he died and it has never been redecorated. I think it looks a lot like my apartment when I was a bachelor, only larger and nicer.

Junior Potato
    I found a mod for sucking grenades. You fire them from the grenade launcher and they suck everything except the player towards them in a huge gravitational field until they explode.

Many explosion. Much chaos.

You can make burnt car tornadoes. Fire a couple of them of them and all the 747s cruising around the map suddenly end up flying towards you. Just watch out if you have a pile of rubble in one direction and you fire a grenade in the opposite direction. Activating the invincibility cheat helps.

I spent three hours playing with that one weapon last night.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/en...nez-and-others

^ Sounds like fun. Is that a stand-alone thing or do you do that in public servers?

As for me, I am embracing the silliness of this game with a sweet wheel & tire upgrade on my free Grotti Turismo R!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I'm sensing a pattern with the um, decorative additions

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    ^ Sounds like fun. Is that a stand-alone thing or do you do that in public servers?
    All types of mods are definitely absolutely positively BAANNED in online mode, for fairly obvious reasons (*cough* microtransactions). Take Two would ban your account if you were caught using them.

So any mods you find won’t work online.

These native trainers are great because I can instantly spawn any DLC vehicle I want, customise it how I want, and even save it for when I reboot the game or if it gets destroyed - I can just spawn it again where I’m standing. It’s like a garage in your pocket! Plus you don’t have to do the GTA Online grind to earn the ridiculous cash needed to buy them.