Page 2 of 202 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Or one per character you create, as per offline.

And hahahahahahaaa to the cheaters out there who may end up banned from online. Karma at its best, good stuff Rockstar.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius
    Awesome garage stays awesome.
    I logged onto my account last night to see what the Great Hax-Cash Cleanup aftermath looked like and it wasn't perfect.

My main 'toon Mallory (Rank 100+) was left with her awesome garage and only the cash she was carrying around with her (about $130k). Her Maze Bank account was bone dry @ $0. I deposited $100k back into her account and I'll let that sit for a bit to see if there would be any residual wiping of cash before I deposit the $500k that my other 'toon is carrying in his pocket.

The pocket money vs. bank account money difference has me stumped: before the mad modder cash started raining down, I had over $1 mil in the bank at all times. Now I have about $600k -- yet I have many millions locked up in cars and services (tanks, helicopters, jets, etc. -- both Merryweather and Pegasus will still deliver whatever hardware I request), so I can't really complain... but I am.

When you're carrying a five-star Wanted level, the subway tunnels are a good place to lie low and let the heat cool off.

Last edited by novicius; January 17th, 2014 at 09:47 AM.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    And then to go back out of the tunnel and cause havoc again.

I am now broke as a joke.

Coming back to GTA V, I had the "bad luck" to get a chance to fly the Frogger. It's a unique helicopter in that it's the only one to have a fenestron tail instead of a conventional tail rotor. Whether by luck or design, it is by far the best and smoothest flying helo in the game. I had to have one -- yet in my ignorance when I was sitting on $1.12 billion, I had bought both the Buzzard and the JetRanger and thought I didn't need to own *every* 'copter in the joint. How wrong I was!

Unfortunately I only had about $600k in the bank and needed $1.3 million. So I broke down and sold my Truffade Adder for ~$750k. Mission accomplished!

Long story short, I've got the Frogger at my disposal now and I had an open slot in my Rank 111 main 'toon Mallory's garage. I was thinking I should buy something cheap like an Akuma motorcycle as she doesn't have any when a classy-as-fuck Declasse Tornado drop-top rolled on by. Shit, I gotta have that! Some fresh paint and new kicks and da-da-da-DA-da, I'm lovin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    And then to go back out of the tunnel and cause havoc again.
    Oh, I did. But navigating under L.S. through her subway is a very snug fit, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Speaking of Tank Stories, this week I've hooked up with Rob & Keith O on GTA Online a few times for good times.

At one point, I let Rob test drive the Rhino Main Battle Tank. Based upon the sounds he was making, it must have been quite enjoyable. I tried taking some pics while following him but it's actually rather difficult to pop into and out of photo mode while driving.

The carnage in his wake.

Needless to say, it was challenging keeping up with him and taking photos without incurring Wanted stars myself.

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    I am now broke as a joke
    Yup.

Whilst I didn't get your trust-fund old-money hand-me-down in the first place, I spunked every penny of my 1.75 million hard earned dollars on a Buzzard Attack Chopper.

This means that Team Belligerence in now officially airborne. You can run, you can hide, but you'll never escape the prospect of one of us belly flopping onto concrete or slamming down in a fiery wreck at any point.
    Last edited by Rob; January 22nd, 2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Wtf is "hared", iPhone autocorrect?

Yeah but having been a member of the Billionaire Boys Club, I gotta say that this game is better when you're (properly outfitted and) broke.

I would like to play a few races online but first I need to bypass the stupid port blockade at my re-training.
    Every port that is needed for gaming is blocked.

So I will try Kepard VPN first on my laptop and when it works I try to connect the 360 to the laptop to make it go online.

Make it so, Animal!

Kepard VPN installed, 360 connected to my laptop via USB-LAN adaptor, added the needed ports to the LAn settings in Win7 and it works.
    XBL complains about moderate NAT settings but GTA-V online works without problems.