Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ferrari LaFerrari Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    Well the Alfa 4C isn't that far off from what I'm talking about, but not exotic enough. Maybe 300 hp instead?
    I think the only thing holding the 4C back is the "common" powerplant. If Ferrari put a small six or, hell, some crazy triple in, it would feel pretty darned special.

So what we are all asking for is the reincarnation of the Dino brand huh?

If you want thrills, just get a BRZ (with PSSes), or if you have extra cash, an Elise, Boxster, or Boxster S. Anything more is - at least over here - a waste of money.

Seriously, could you imagine if Ferrari set their sights on making the absolute best sports car they could with a maximum of 250 hp? I'm thinking it would probably have something like a 1.6L absolute screamer of a motor (V6? V8?) and they probably could get it well under 2,000 lbs. Think a cost-no-object Elise with a proper Italian engine.

They could sell them for $125,000 without going too far downmarket.
    Basically a new Lancia Stratos.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    If you want thrills, just get a BRZ (with PSSes), or if you have extra cash, an Elise, Boxster, or Boxster S. Anything more is - at least over here - a waste of money.
    I'd rather get a Cayman than any of those cars you mentioned, especially buttugly Boxsters.

No one cares what you think. But I did intend to mention Cayman rather than Boxster.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; May 2nd, 2014 at 12:44 AM.

I don't know what the hell has gotten into you people.

You know, I don't usually own supercars, but if someday I do get to own one, I'd probably own "La"Ferrari!

Anyway, for average Joes who use his car for daily commutes, other than Fiats or VWs, any European cars are waste of money. I'd only get them if I have enough money to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    Good lord, I never noticed those side mirrors. Are those really necessary? The car looks like it's reaching out for someone to hug it.
    I bet they produce downforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    And I agree with everyone here. I just can't get that excited by cars that have such immense power. Totally unusable even on most race tracks. I would be much more impressed with Ferrari making a Miata fighter with Italian style.
    Like the Alfa Romeo 4C? (Oh someone beat me.)

I'm still into supercars. Maybe my immaturity. Even seemingly senseless stuff like the Koenigsegg One:1.
    Last edited by LHutton; May 2nd, 2014 at 06:36 AM.

Well the Alfa 4C isn't that far off from what I'm talking about, but not exotic enough. Maybe 300 hp instead?
    It's coming. The final slide of the Alfa part of the recent Fiat/Chrysler presentation in Detroit...