Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari LaFerrari Reviews

Ferrari LaFerrari Reviews

The breathlessness gets a little nauseating but what can you do when reviewing a Ferrari.

Good lord, I never noticed those side mirrors. Are those really necessary? The car looks like it's reaching out for someone to hug it.

When you have hips like that, yeah.

Seems like tiny little cameras embedded in the rear quarters broadcasting to little screens inside the car would have been the classy thing to do. Eff the safety regs.

Are those really the exact same headlights from the 458? Ferrari really couldn't be bothered to do anything a bit special or different for their flagship?

[The Boxster/996 headlight deal bugged the crap out of me too. Get off my lawn!]

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I don't think they are the same, but they are similar. From memory.

I find most super car reviews pointless now. Yeah sure, they're all quick, no shit. They can all smoke their tyres. They are all now relatively "user-friendly". 99% of the population can't buy and run them anyway. The only reason for most of these reviews is to jack off over technology, which seems somewhat pointless when the tech can't be used on the road 99% of the time. Only really outrageous LOOKING cars, like most Lambos, excite me.

Maybe I'm just ruined by the huge number of fast and high-end cars here that spend most of their lives sitting in traffic. Maybe I'n just getting old. I know that I'm more impressed by fast, high-end practical cars like wagons, but conversely it may be their availability that has turned me off "traditional" supercars. And there are also few Ferraris that I like. It could be a combination of the above.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    None of the new breed hybrid supercars excite me either. The LaFerrari is as ugly as the Enzo, the P1 is impressive but a bit boy-racer-ish, and the 918 is bringing up the rear. Agera R over all of them.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I actually like the looks of the Enzo and, to some extent, the LaFerrari. It's just that they leave me cold.

I think the other thing that has made me think that most supercars or fast cars are pointless is the Model S. I drove it yesterday. Fine, it was a top-of-the-line model. But it's fast as all hell, being faster than pretty much most supercars out there corners like it's on rails. It carries 5 (+2 in America) and has a huge boot. It's comfortable. The interior trim is acceptable (not great). The instruments, AV, connectivity, etc. are all excellent. It also costs - at least here in HK - around 1/5 the price of something like an FF or a MP4-12C. I'm sure that even in America it is still cheaper than both. So what's the point of the latter two cars?

I'll wait till Chris Harris' version passes his embargo date before I'm bothered what the press says.

However, yeah - I don't get in a hype over hyper cars. I used to, but my tastes are maturing. I like proper race cars, or 'normal' road cars. I like that the Ferrari has a V12, but I still lust over the Carrera GT to if I had to 'pick' one it was always going to be the 918. (although I'd take a 919 any day!)