Thread: Novi's Proletariat Garage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Novi's Proletariat Garage

I don't feel tardy.

::

Alright, it's well past time that I should be posting in The Garage so here's my thread!

Exhibit 1. - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675

I've had Black Gold for two years now and it has been a crazy blast. Never boring, ever. Purchased new from Team Triumph of Janesville, WI. Currently has over 14K miles on her.

A serious thrill-machine, sexy and a head-turner even when parked among other sportbikes.

It classifies as a bonafide Dream Vehicle from the Fantabulous List of Dreams for me, which includes things like a '71 Hemi 'Cuda, '14 Ferrari California and a '91 Linda Hamilton. Capable of 10-second quarter mile times at ~120+ MPH (when ridden by a small child), trust me when I say that she's got the goods. I might lust over literbikes and hyperbikes but that in no way means that I'm tired of the Daytona.

Exhibit 2. - 2008 Triumph Street Triple

This is my girl Becki's rowdy, snorty hooligan brother (sister?) of the Daytona. Full Arrows exhaust, Arrows tune, tail tidy w/. LED brakelight & turn signals, bar-end mirrors, tank pads and low miles -- has half the mileage of my bike even tho' it's three years older. Also in better shape overall (the P.O. was meticulous).

Also, most importantly, more comfortable!

These motorcycles are toys in every sense of the word but they're not babied. They get ridden hard and put away wet, time after time, and have been very issue-free. While I talk about *adding* to our garage, I really do not want to sell these bikes, ever.

Exhibit 3. - 2003 Ford Explorer XLT V8 4x4

The quintessential American SUV. Big (but not the biggest), powerful (but not the strongest), it still has more than enough brakes & brawn to get the job done.

Leather, A/C, cruise, tilt, yadda, yadda, yadda. Rust-free, too. Not bad for $4800 USD.

Exhibit 4. - 1983 Cameo camper trailer

This lil' guy was found in Dubuque, IA for the fine price of $3K but I offered $2800 and he took it without complaint.

Fabrics for the cushions has been bought, initial plates/bowls/cups/glasses too, but we're still looking for new curtains. #domesticbliss

Whew!
    Last edited by novicius; May 5th, 2014 at 11:59 AM.