Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Novi's Proletariat Garage

Novi's Proletariat Garage

I don't feel tardy.

::

Alright, it's well past time that I should be posting in The Garage so here's my thread!

Exhibit 1. - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675

I've had Black Gold for two years now and it has been a crazy blast. Never boring, ever. Purchased new from Team Triumph of Janesville, WI. Currently has over 14K miles on her.

A serious thrill-machine, sexy and a head-turner even when parked among other sportbikes.

It classifies as a bonafide Dream Vehicle from the Fantabulous List of Dreams for me, which includes things like a '71 Hemi 'Cuda, '14 Ferrari California and a '91 Linda Hamilton. Capable of 10-second quarter mile times at ~120+ MPH (when ridden by a small child), trust me when I say that she's got the goods. I might lust over literbikes and hyperbikes but that in no way means that I'm tired of the Daytona.

Exhibit 2. - 2008 Triumph Street Triple

This is my girl Becki's rowdy, snorty hooligan brother (sister?) of the Daytona. Full Arrows exhaust, Arrows tune, tail tidy w/. LED brakelight & turn signals, bar-end mirrors, tank pads and low miles -- has half the mileage of my bike even tho' it's three years older. Also in better shape overall (the P.O. was meticulous).

Also, most importantly, more comfortable!

These motorcycles are toys in every sense of the word but they're not babied. They get ridden hard and put away wet, time after time, and have been very issue-free. While I talk about *adding* to our garage, I really do not want to sell these bikes, ever.

Exhibit 3. - 2003 Ford Explorer XLT V8 4x4

The quintessential American SUV. Big (but not the biggest), powerful (but not the strongest), it still has more than enough brakes & brawn to get the job done.

Leather, A/C, cruise, tilt, yadda, yadda, yadda. Rust-free, too. Not bad for $4800 USD.

Exhibit 4. - 1983 Cameo camper trailer

This lil' guy was found in Dubuque, IA for the fine price of $3K but I offered $2800 and he took it without complaint.

Fabrics for the cushions has been bought, initial plates/bowls/cups/glasses too, but we're still looking for new curtains. #domesticbliss

Whew!
    Last edited by novicius; May 5th, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

This past weekend a buddy & I wrenched on the Daytona, adding a few toys that I had bought over the winter.

Your Tire Shouldn't Point This Way. Ever.

New Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen, removal of the rear passenger pegs and seat, adding the rear seat cowl, removal of the rear license plate/turn-signals "shovel", new undertail license braket and wiring up the new integrated turn-signals/brake light.

Unfortunately the quick connector that came with the tail light was wired *completely* wrong. Subsequently it took my buddy about three hours to test, troubleshoot, tear apart and re-solder the connections. It's on now however and it's working like a champ.

Kid 'n' Play

So that windscreen... yeah, I'm not sure I'm sold on it. *So* damn tall, I didn't realize that it wasn't a baloney-cut across the top. It does do a good job of managing the wind, I'll give it that -- I don't feel like I'm going to get peeled off the bike anymore at speed. But man, I find the height extremely disconcerting.

At least I don't notice the size/height of it while riding, just when looking at pics of it... #yeesh
    Last edited by novicius; May 6th, 2014 at 08:10 AM.

The Slimey Crud Run was held this past weekend. Motorcyclists of all stripes, flavors, interests and orders come together to chat, grill out and brave the cold, dirty Wisconsin roads to get their ride on. The party starts in Pine Bluff, WI, early in the morning:

Just A Sliver

Ross, your bike would fit in fine in this crowd. Of course you'd have to tow it up here.

It was a bright but cold day. The roads were cleaner than usual, however -- which made things probably more spicy than they needed to be, honestly. That, combined with me running without plates, could have made for an expensive day... but it didn't and all's well that ends well.

Parking Is A Pain

Leland, WI is a *tiny* one-road township... with two churches and three bars for the eight houses out there. No, I don't know why this was chosen as the site of the Run's end. It's pretty remote and surrounded by some gnarly, twisty roads, however...

Forgive Me My Trespasses

That old '97 Buell Cyclone hung with the group of sport- (and sportish-) bikes decently enough. He only got into one bad moment that I saw: stuck behind a tan appliance, he attempted an ill-conceived pass in the twisties. While the car didn't do anything to him, the amount of speed he needed to burst past it made him come into the next corner awful hot; the Cyclone's flimsy, tired forks did not like that and he fought the bronco trying to slow down/make the corner/stay out of the guardrail for more than a few yards.

(I prudently putt-putted behind the car until we were clear of the really tight stuff. There's always next time! *shrug*)

As we headed home in the afternoon, the pace picked up. The Cyclone and the BMW RS1100S were left behind as the Supersports jetted ahead through the countryside. A final fuel stop to regroup and then it was all over but the crying & shaking in the shower!

Homeward Bound
    Last edited by novicius; May 5th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.

woot woot!

:hawt:

Finally, geez.
    Get that weak shit off my track

LoL, like you were holding your breath.

Almost. It was definitely bated.

Masterfully, you might say.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Your girl has a cooler bike than you!?