Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
I watched the storymode on youtube and it looks like it was quite well done and just had a DLC with more of the story (haven't finished watching it all yet)....putting together (sort of ) what happens after Return of the Jedi.

I feel bad for the people who were trying hard to make the game work well and have a compelling story worthy of Star Wars, then the execs screw it up for everyone with their greed.
I suspect those at DICE who were immensely passionate about the game and it's creation were basically TOLD that Loot boxes and Star cards would be in the game whether they liked it, agreed or disagreed, or not. They put their heart and soul and likely 12+ hour days into the game only to have EA, and therefore themselves by association, dragged through the mud. I wouldn't be surprised if they also missed out on many thousands of (insert local currency here) in sales bonuses because of a decision that was made far above them in the EA hierarchy. DICE games always look and sound fantastic, it's s shame what they were forced into doing.

Titanfall 2 has the right idea, as does Overwatch. Cosmetics only in lootboxes. Anything else just splits the player base. Now that Respawn has been bought by EA I worry for Titanfall 3, although the push back on SWBF2 could mean any lootbox plans will be scaled dramatically back. Also with governments looking at Lootboxes and Apple now mandating that the actual chance of receiving items from chargeable lootboxes is now shown, people might spend less than they used to.