Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Fallout 4

Figured this would have had a thread!

Big announcement recently, Fallout 4 is officially official. Probably some gameplay and release date announcement at E3 in a couple weeks.

Trailer:

I think it looks fantastic, but I'm biased. I just want more Fallout, with an updated engine and graphics, and it seems that's what this is.

And a hilarious Fallout 3-related send-off video where they totally fuck with it. Tears

Junior Potato
    I'm interested in this.

But then again, I was interested in Fallout 3 based on its sweet announcement trailer, and played it for about four hours.

Fallout 3 was weird for me. I played it a little before losing interest. But I came back a while later and just got hooked to the point where I blasted through the game and most of the DLC... such a great experience. Especially having a badass companion in Fawkes for a lot of it.

I had a similar experience with Fallout 3. I played it for a bit, then stopped for several months while I was doing a lot of online dating. Once the now-wife started playing it, I got back to it and played the hell out of it.

Junior Potato
    I never had that return to it like you guys did. I think the main reasons were getting a PS3 (I had the game on Xbox) and switching almost all of my gaming in that direction.

Fallout 4? Looks like Fallout 3 Deluxe with a more varied and colourful palette. That sounds perfect to me
    And, damn, when my gaming PC went up in flames - literally - 3 years ago I lost my FO3 saves and lost interest in restarting it (suffice to say I didn't even have a PC to play with it back then, too).
    But I may get back to it if new videocard and PSU will do their part, next week.

FO3, FO New Vegas, Skyrim... hell, I've plenty of games to catch up before FO4 hits Steam and the next Elder Scrolls gets announced! Let's hurry up!!!

Alongside Green Man Gaming offering Fallout 4 preorders for $46, Steam has discounted the entire Fallout series. You can get Fallout 3 or New Vegas for $5 each, or the Game of the Year/Ultimate editions for $12 each. The pre-Bethesda games are discounted, too; you can get the Fallout Classic Collection for just $12.
    In case anyone wanted to catch up.

Yup! I already got that F4 deal. Couldn't help myself. Greenmangaming is pretty great. I'm kind of kicking myself for passing up on their $10 XCOM complete edition sale (plus you could use the 23% off coupon on top of that). D'oh

WTF? - No one playing this? This has been taking a lot of my time lately. It's so, so good.

Spoiler:

Wife got me a PS4 Pip Boy Edition for Christmas, but I'm still playing MGS5 anyway.