Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront 3

https://i.imgur.com/5lKYfh6.gifv

"31 Flavors and you choose salt."

LOL!

And it is much worse than you are making it out to be Carlo. Plain and simple it is pay to win and that is unacceptable. Per Kotaku's review:

And yet, all of this is irreparably crippled by the game’s progression system. As players level up, they will earn loot crates containing “star cards.” These cards do anything from granting new gadgets, buffing attributes such as health, or augmenting abilities with new effects. These are meant to offer a wide range of customization but they instead upset an already precarious balance. Maybe those sniper shots would have killed my enemy if not for their level three health boost. While these crates can be purchased with in-game credits, they can also be purchased with a premium currency that costs real money. Cards earned through these crates can be equipped immediately and while superior play might allow you to best opponents with higher level cards, there’s nothing stopping a player from buying $100 worth of currency, buying loot crates, and boosting their statistical advantage.
    If somebody gave me the game for free I would immediately trade it in for something else. The game needs to be boycotted.

Ok.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Is the Early Access different from the version they gave the press where the credits required to unlock the characters were reduced down to like 10% of what the real game requires?
    If true, it’s pretty misleading. They can always trot out the ‘constant change’ line to defend themselves, but it’s not the best policy.

The AMA happened. This comment goes through and links to various replies by the DICE team, because most of them were downvoted so much that they are not visible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...r_ama/dpvakkg/

Junior Potato
    I think a lot of them would be downvoted because bandwagon.

The important thing is that the bandwagon exists, and the poor developers are being trotted out to explain away the publisher’s demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    The AMA happened. This comment goes through and links to various replies by the DICE team, because most of them were downvoted so much that they are not visible.
    The Executive Producer answered six questions before quitting.

Ah well, since I've been shamed into not getting the game, my Christmas has been ruined.

Get what you want, its your money.

A lesson you might take to my garage thread.