Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront 3

Star Wars: Battlefront 3

Star Wars: Battlefront Will Be Shown at E3, EA CEO Says

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    Electronic Arts is planning to reveal more of their upcoming Star Wars themed video game, Star Wars: Battlefront, currently in development at DICE, during this year's edition of the E3 expo, according to EA CEO Andrew Wilson.

Responding to a request for an update on the Star Wars titles in development that EA is presiding over, during an investor call, Wilson revealed that the company intends to reveal more about the new Star Wars: Battlefront as well as about some new projects that are currently in the making at the annual game conference, as GameSpot reports.

Electronic Arts first announced Star Wars: Battlefront during last year's E3, showing a brief teaser trailer featuring everyone's frozen planet, Hoth. The game is powered by EA's fancy new engine, developed by the DICE team, Frostbite.

The company expects to have the game ready as early as summer 2015, as part of its exclusive publishing agreement with Disney, the current owner of the Star Wars franchise. Battlefront will be the first of a series of games set in the popular science fiction universe, with other titles currently being worked on at Visceral Games and BioWare, both owned by EA.
    KEEF, IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!1!

HOLD ME CARLO!
    Get that weak shit off my track

I just hope they can polish up the Frostbite engine as BF4 has so much potential yet is completely let down by bugs, lag and shitty net code.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    so much potential yet is completely let down by bugs, lag and shitty net code.
    Sounds like a Battlefront game to me!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/17/844...w-release-date

Release date: Nov 17th

Star Wars Battlefront will be a first- and third-person shooter; players can choose which perspective suits them best. The focus, DICE said, is on online multiplayer with up to 40-player battles, but the developer is creating offline challenges inspired by moments from the films that can be played solo, or cooperatively either online or split-screen. Fegraeus said those offline challenges will be highly replayable, with a variety of difficulty levels.

The game won't have a traditional campaign, DICE says, of the kind we've seen in the studio's recent Battlefield games.
    One new mechanic in Battlefront is what DICE is calling the "Partner" system. Players will pick a friend and form a tag team, Fegraeus explained, and in multiplayer, you'll "always play together, spawn on each other, see each other." Partners will also be able to share their unlocks, meaning that if you're a player who's unlocked a bunch of weapons or skills in Battlefront through the game's progression, your partner will also be able to use those unlocks, even if they've just started playing.
    While DICE says it will have dogfights in Star Wars Battlefront, it won't have dedicated space battles. Bach said the team wanted to focus on a mix of ground-based and vehicle-based battles.
    Star Wars Battlefront will focus mainly on the original trilogy of Star Wars films, not the prequels or sequel trilogy
    Last edited by Kchrpm; April 17th, 2015 at 09:38 AM.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    That is goddamn spectacular.

Looks great.

Hell fuckin yeah!

Star Wars Battlefront Has Free Force Awakens DLC Called Battle of Jakku

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    Star Wars Battlefront launches on November 17, a few weeks ahead of the actual "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" movie, and in order to avoid spoiling events, it will get a free DLC called Battle of Jakku on December 8, which references the upcoming film.

I'm hoping the PC version looks better than that by a fair bit and I would like to see some in game screens and video, not just 'in game engine' cutscenes.