Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront 3

Junior Potato
    I’m still excited for this game’s single player, but I’m no longer buying at launch out of sheer principle. I made that decision a few weeks ago. I’ll wait for a nice sale, I think.

I’m also weary of the game’s length. Battlefield 1 had quite a short campaign, and it wasn’t worth my $60.

Junior Potato
    News just to hand: EA have reduced these unlock costs by 75%.

I’m still dead against pay-as-you-go multiplayer games, and I was almost about to give them props for responding so quickly, but then I realised that this has been a long time coming, and EA (and their AAA publisher ilk) deserve all the hubris they get.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    Add to this, all heroes are locked and can only be unlocked individually with about 40 hours of gameplay credits earned TO UNLOCK ONLY ONE HERO! A Star Wars game where Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, Han are all locked away?????? I will not be supporting/purchasing this title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor FLAMINGO-DAVE
    It takes a few hours of playing the game to unlock Vader. Thats all. Not 40. Not 10. In the 5 and a bit hours I've played I've unlocked Vader and almost have Luke too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor The7ruth
    So with my ten hour ea access trial I got enough credits to unlock Luke, Darth Vader, and Chewie. So far all I've done since the early release started was play the campaign and that got me enough credits to unlock Iden and Palpatine. From free crates by playing the game and the crates from the early access edition I have each soldier class at level 7-10 (level is determined by the number and rarity of cards you have for that class).

I don't feel like I even need every card either because most cards don't do something I'm interested in. Getting level 1 (of 4) for each card isn't going to take long and you can already sort of tell how you will play a class making it easy to decide which cards you should upgrade. There isn't really a reason to have all cards at max level since you can only equip 3 at a time anyway.

The credit cooldown is for one gamemode (arcade) which rewards you credits for a win and a loss. They wanted to give some sort of reward to people who play it but they aren't going to reward people that make their own arcade mode that lasts 10 seconds and gives you the minimum of 100 credits every time. He specific with your criticism instead of making it sound like credit cooldown exists everywhere. This is how misinformation spreads.

You can be angry if you want but don't let misinformation and numbers designed to mislead you be a reason for that. And don't spread that misinformation because that's pretty deceitful for people looking for accurate portrayals of the game.
    As expected.

Is the Early Access different from the version they gave the press where the credits required to unlock the characters were reduced down to like 10% of what the real game requires?

The copy of the game given to reviewers had the unlocks for Vader and Luke set at 10K, which of course resulted in zero reviewed criticizing the unlock system.

Plus the targets were lowered after release due to the backlash. Not sure where these experiences fit in on the timeline.

Maybe? It's not a dealbreaker to me since I've never been a Hero-chaser.

Maybe it really is 40 hours of gameplay to unlock one 'toon? We'll find out.

I hate Star Wars, I'm just interested in the mechanics of it.

Is this any different than the old days of GT where it took like a month to be able to afford an F1 car? I guess the difference is you couldn't just take your wallet out and pay for the F1 car with real money.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Is this any different than the old days of GT where it took like a month to be able to afford an F1 car?
    I agree.

But I'm typically ok just taking what a game gives me and seeing if I can make some fun from it while paying as little as possible. No Shark Cards for me!
    Last edited by novicius; November 15th, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar