Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront 3

I want to want this game, but I am really not into the Battlefield style games where it's just a PVP map of constant death. I prefer running co-op missions with some semblance of a story, personally. Every time I play PvP shooters, I die within 1.2 seconds, respawn, die, respawn, die.

Jason, I think there's supposed to be other modes. Like a co-op challenges you can do and replay with friends. If it's anything like Spec Ops from MW2 or Coop from BF3, it could be pretty decent fun.

Here's a couple of videos from people talking about the gameplay video DICE showed, but aren't allowed to upload.
    A lot of good info in here, and it went over something my friends and I were discussing: Are these true in-game graphics with cinematic cameras? Or pre-rendered stuff? They likely had some beast-ass PC running it, but it's apparently pretty true to how the gameplay actually looks. DICE showed off PS4 footage running at 60FPS (with some more "jaggies" that PCs can better smooth out). So that's pretty amazing

Playing the game at-speed, it should look plenty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I want to want this game, but I am really not into the Battlefield style games where it's just a PVP map of constant death. I prefer running co-op missions with some semblance of a story, personally. Every time I play PvP shooters, I die within 1.2 seconds, respawn, die, respawn, die.
    One of the devs confirmed on Twitter that there will be Missions that are playable alone offline, or co-op. He didn't specify but I assume he meant online co-op.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    A Star Wars singleplayer adventure, a-la BF3 or CoD would be AWESOME.

And I say this despite my disdain for the constant BF/CoD re-runs that come out every year.

RWA - play The Old Republic?

I have played Old Republic. It is NOTHING like BF3/COD singleplayer, mostly because the gameplay is so stale and slow.

Edit: there was a COD-like Star Wars game starring clone troopers on XBox & PC: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...ublic_Commando

It got good reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/...ublic-commando

Edit 2: From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...ublic_Commando
    The squadmate order system allows the player general tactical control over the three NPC squadmates that round out the four-man commando team. The order system resembles a simplified version of the context-based command menus seen in Star Wars Battlefront 1. Many objects in the game environment will highlight when the crosshair is placed over them. The player can then press the use key to issue an order automatically associated with the object; for example, a sealed door may highlight with a synchronized team breach-and-clear command, or a computer console might give have a "slice" (computer hacking) command, while a pile of cargo boxes suitable for a cover position with good vantage may provide a "take up Sniper/Anti-Armor position" command. Where possible, the squadmates will usually take their preferred roles (sniper, demolitions and technical). The player can also order the squad to move to secure any position (wherever the crosshair is pointed), or perform search-and-destroy. Also, there are orders to command the squadmates to group up or spread out according to the player's discretion for the situation.
    Wow, that sounds great.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; April 20th, 2015 at 06:16 AM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    RWA - play The Old Republic?
    I tried to like it. I just can't do turn-based bullshit. It completely sucks you back out of the great atmosphere they built for the game.

And Republic Commando is set in the clone wars. That shit just isn't allowed at my house.

Junior Potato
    I think I just want a great FPS where they replace the Nazis for stormtroopers. And tanks for AT-STs. And shitty old French villages for shitty old Naboo/Tatooine/Endor etc.

Jedi Knight series? That's going way back.

We'll likely get something like that looking forward, though.