Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront 3

PTS?

Public Test Server. Basically an ongoing beta for content additions and balance tweaks.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    If Destiny wasn’t called Destiny, maybe if they instead called it Star Wars: Destiny, then I’d be all over it like hot runny shit on a scatophiliac’s face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I prefer Division's gameplay to Destiny's, and it's already paid for.
    ...which is fine but The Division is a pretty different type of game to D2 & SW:BF2 -- unless maybe you're also playing the FPS action in BF2 in 3rd person as well? I think that's an option.

But it's all good to me.

Destiny 2 is very different from Battlefront 2, so I didn't think being similar was a requirement in this situation.

And yes, you can switch to third person in the shooter parts of BF2. It's already so hard to see anyone that I don't think it would be useful in multiplayer.

Both D2 & SW:BF2 are FPS shooters (that switch to 3rd-person POV when using sabers/swords heh) as opposed to The Division's locked 3rd-person POV.

Junior Potato
    Good players (not me) can take advantage of 3rd person view in SWBF because it offers a wider field of view, so it does affect the gameplay a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Both D2 & SW:BF2 are FPS shooters (that switch to 3rd-person POV when using sabers/swords heh) as opposed to The Division's locked 3rd-person POV.
    BF2 can also be played in third person view the whole time. Also, D2 is co-op PvE or 3v3 PvP, whereas BF2 is offline single-player, or up to (I think) 16v16 PvP with some amount of AI filler to keep the numbers about equal. The Division is mostly PvE, with a big PvE/PvP section, and now a couple new PvP modes.

There are huge gameplay loop differences in all of them, and BF2 lets you switch between third and first person on the fly. They're all similar in that they're online-focused shooters with specials/skills that cool down.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Cool down timers can fuck off. I want to spam an area with grenades like I could in Halo 2. Can’t do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    BF2 can also be played in third person view the whole time. Also, D2 is co-op PvE or 3v3 PvP, whereas BF2 is offline single-player, or up to (I think) 16v16 PvP with some amount of AI filler to keep the numbers about equal. The Division is mostly PvE, with a big PvE/PvP section, and now a couple new PvP modes.

There are huge gameplay loop differences in all of them, and BF2 lets you switch between third and first person on the fly. They're all similar in that they're online-focused shooters with specials/skills that cool down.
    D2 is 4v4 PvP and you've said you were playing BF2 in first-person so the comparison is stronger to D2 than Division.

Neither D2 nor Division show progression and gear-selection like BF2 does, so that comparison is a wash.

No swords in Division whereas the sword-play is both similar and better in D2 as compared to BF2.

BF2 is in the middle between D2 and Division. #shrug