View Poll Results: Whose race will Maldonado ruin?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lewis'

0 0%
  • A frontrunner other than Lewis

1 16.67%
  • A midfielder

2 33.33%
  • Say goodbye to Chilton's streak

0 0%
  • Lotus'

1 16.67%
  • Maldonado's

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAŅA PIRELLI 2014

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAŅA PIRELLI 2014

You know it's been a boring surge of one team dominance when Obvious Newspaper Headlines State The Obvious!

It's been so predictable I don't think I'll add a poll to this weekends race.

To note: McLaren brings "interesting" update. Mercedes can hit a car setup even in the blind, like they did with Lewis' in China. Seb gets new, updated, chassis; Dani will have to wait til Silverstone for his. Force King of the Partay, get more kingly, with new Vodka sponsor; It shouldabin Kimi! Sauber ditches about 20 pounds off with new chassis; An engineer ditches them to be Jules Bianchi's race director. Ross visited Maranello igniting Ferraristi's hopes. And, I became convinced that Bernie's best hope for a successor wouldn't necessarily be Christian Horner, but rather a Lawyer with plenty of experience in dealing with them eff motherfucking bastards.
    acket.

Hamilton to win, Danny Ric to beat Vettel

You driving gods should have an answer to this... Catalunya has been widely regarded as a downforce track, It's my understanding that cars are set up so that they favor stability when cornering, regardless of speed. Ok, Vettel on one hand developed this technique in the hot-floor years of "straightening out" the second part of the corner, for maximizing grip for his launch onto the coming straight; after all, the tilkedromes are pretty much that, corner-corner-long straight, so it comes as no surprise that he dominated the last ruleset. What happens when the RB10 should have an advantage in mid and high speed corners in Spain, but Vettel isn't comfortable accommodating his style? Will this:

Danny Ric to beat Vettel
    be truly true? Does Seb really suck at corner entry?
    acket.

Danny Ric has been very good at Catalunya since right back in his formula renault days and vetted isn't particularly good there, could make it interesting given Vettels placebo chassis.

Dan's on the right path. Consistently fastest after the Mercedes.

Curiously though, second fastest team at the speed trap are Toro Rosso. Are they trying something they could later share with their sister team or is it just James Key's magic at work? If memory serves, He's always come up with good speedtrap cars.
    acket.

Some news: McLaren updates seem to be working. JB is believed to be holding back. Same goes for Williams. And Kimi.

checomirror.jpg
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    Hamilton to win, Danny Ric to beat Vettel

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Another Mercedes 1-2. They lapped the 7th place car; lapped the back marker teams twice. I almost thought Rosberg might finally get Hamilton but it looked like his tires gave out before he could pass.

Vettel goes from 15th to 4th. He passed Alonso in the pits, Kimi, Bottas and several others on track. Respect. Ricciardo finally gets a podium. If Red Bull can get their reliability issues sorted out, they should be able to at least hold on to 2nd in the constructors. That's probably the most that they can hope for this season. The only way they'll win a race is to have a good day and have both Mercedes DNF.

It looked like Kimi might finally beat Alonso this season, but he failed late in the race . At least he was right behind him this time.

McLaren is still disappointing. The Austrailian GP made it look like they were back.
    Last edited by overpowered; May 11th, 2014 at 11:23 PM.

I think we'll be seeing a lot of that kind of battling at the end between Nico and Lewis this season. Mercedes seems to have made it clear they can have at it. And the two sides of the garage seem to be keen on trying separate strategies to try and take it to the other, since on raw pace they are too close (with Lewis the slight advantage on hot laps and shorter stints, and Nico on long runs and preserving tires. I think though that Nicos side need to go for a bit more extreme first couple stints, since they are usually running put of tire just as he catches up.

I get the feeling they're not allowed to use the good engine settings early in the race. I don't think Mercedes want to show all the cards they really have. It might be more that 2 seconds per lap on race pace.
    acket.