View Poll Results: Whose race will Maldonado ruin?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lewis'

0 0%
  • A frontrunner other than Lewis

1 16.67%
  • A midfielder

2 33.33%
  • Say goodbye to Chilton's streak

0 0%
  • Lotus'

1 16.67%
  • Maldonado's

2 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAŅA PIRELLI 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Isn't Spain always like that though? Some years we don't even get the excitement at the end.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    I forgot to mention before: I was noticing as Vettel was making his way through the field over the course of the race that he was in DRS range in the DRS zone several times but I don't recall him actually being able to capitalize on it. All of the on track passing that I saw him do was in turns.
    I remember at least twice being onboard with him as he was passing people going into La Caixa, which was at the end of a DRS zone.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    I forgot to mention before: I was noticing as Vettel was making his way through the field over the course of the race that he was in DRS range in the DRS zone several times but I don't recall him actually being able to capitalize on it. All of the on track passing that I saw him do was in turns. It would seem that Red Bull is still doing relatively well with the down force but the engine short fall is a very serious problem for them.
    While the renault is a bit down on power to the merc the main reason for this is car setup. Red bull have always gone for a setup which maximises outright pace over overtaking ability (downforce, gearing etc) with the aim that the put it on pole and bugger off into the distance. In traffic they've never been great at getting through the field even when they were dominant.

It was interesting watching Vettel remember how to make passes that didn't involve a blue flag this race.
    Whoomah!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Supersoft tires, reduced ballast. Max Chilton had topped the charts the day before.
    acket.