Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: It's time for a change.

Good luck!

Congrats.

I bought it, it's here. We even ran around in it a bit today. Before any real distance running though, it's going to need a little going through - mostly just renewing the fluids and checking seals - the car's only done 1600 miles since about 2006. But the thing is super solid, and the only obvious things it needs are interior pieces, and even then, it's not falling apart - just a little worn.

I trailered it back from Yakima mainly because it's been used so sparingly - and that was a good idea, because it snowed through most of the mountains. We unpacked it a few miles from the house and drove the rest of the way. It honestly drives just fine despite the sitting, perhaps the PO drove it just enough? I like to make sure a car gets used at least once a month for a few miles, even if it's just a little ways. The PO was more of a "do 100 miles at a clip at least once or twice a year" type.

The snow and road dirt dirtied it up, so pics'll have to wait until I wash it again. But so clean.

Why so clean? Bare metal respray in 1992 into 1969 Chevrolet Hugger Orange. Between that and the rubber bumpers, I definitely won't see myself coming and going.

A few little things will be done in the next couple of weeks - dry rotted axle straps, a few other rubber bits, then start on some interior pieces, after sorting out the fluids.

A bit of the circle of life:

On September 8, 2001, I trailered my Flame red MGB/GT out to Long Island and swapped it (three way exchange) for an Orange Fiat 128 - my first Fiat.

Today we drove out to Yakima in a rented Red Fiat 500 (virtually the same color as my old MG) and after returning that car picked up an Orange MGB/GT.

Awesome, I had a good feeling about that car based on how you described it, a good condition body is worth having.

I'm happy imagining you driving it Make sure you do take it for a photo shoot soon !

Very nice. Always loved the rubber buggy bumper cars.

I knew you'd pick it up