Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I scored the VW Bus for my birthday. Shame it's in the same position as the other 4 things I've not yet finished.

That wall mount is pretty effin awesome.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah i still haven't even opened the box of my F40 yet.

Lego just restocked on the women of nasa kit, managed to get it ordered in time for christmas for my wife. She has the first women of science and big bang apartment kits in her classroom. Was hoping I could get the Saturn V for christmas but I was told the lawn tractor was my early present haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Yeah i still haven't even opened the box of my F40 yet.
    Aye, I was enjoying the build so much, I stopped after the first phase. It's been sitting like that forever. Time to finish that up this holiday break, I think!

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I randomly received the Space Needle (architecture) from Amazon with no card/etc, stating who it was from.

I now have three box sets un-opened, and 2 non-Lego sanctioned projects incomplete.

I decided to get myself a pizza van for Christmas. It looks like a possible good base for other medium-sized commercial vehicle models.

I was surprised how much of it is made of very small parts. It is nice that it uses components for the chassis rather than a single complete chassis piece. That will give me flexibility to design alternate vehicles.

I carefully opened the bags, making use of bulldog clips acquired over the years to reclose them. Although the bags aren't really sorted by purpose, more by size and type. I followed the instruction mostly, although I jumped ahead and assembled and attached the wheels early instead of last. I also jumped ahead and constructed the rear part of the roof in reverse, since it used up a bunch of easily-identifiable parts. This caused later brief consternation when I thought a part was missing because I'd managed to work up to it more quickly than expected. Took me an hour of late-one-night (got to chassis and roof done), and then several (perhaps 3, perhaps less) hours of the next day during a relaxed (unconstrained) period.

My wife actually liked it, and was impressed by the add-ons; scooter and two figures, and umbrella table. I had the figures trade pants because the dark pants were more slimming for Suzanne, and Leonard looked more professional in an all-white uniform.

So, based on an assumption, based partly on the size of the figures, that each 8mm Lego square can be reckoned to be one foot, you end up with a reasonable scale assumption of 12 * 25.4 / 8 or 1:38. For some purposes a not-bad looking size vehicle (beside the figures) could be built to as small as about 1:50, I would think.

Pics or ban!

It's been a fairly standard set this Christmas in Canada. Not super interesting, really.

https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Pizza-Van-60150

Oh yes. One minor interesting thing I noticed was that they now have "pillar" pieces (e.g. the truck B pillars) in addition to horizontally long pieces. Used to be you'd always have a brick wall effect on the side of your truck.
    Last edited by SportWagon; January 2nd, 2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Because I'm a revisionist.

Female Masturbatory Aid

Junior Potato
    I’ve got that pizza van, it’s a great set

And that pillar you refer to is a 1x2x3 brick.