Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Lego, you can give me all the detailed instructions you want, but you can't stop me from building an ass rocket if I want to...

20180122_1947462.jpg

You got that one?!?!?

I was contemplating on whether to get one or not, but there's really no room in my house to put it... so I didn't get it.

Anyway, nice ass you got there!

Boo! Those big LEGO canisters which are superficially decorated like actual LEGO bricks won't actually lock together to allow the building of enormous creations.

See also...
    Result of a Google search for "flintstones styrofoam building blocks" (e.g. images)

Top result is a pinterest site.

They show up on ebay.

The following seems to be the top non-auction non-pinterest site...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wavz13/4509227458/

(Doesn't seem to be a wikipedia page or even reference... yet?)

Also...
    http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1962toys.html

Flintstones Building Boulders will probably be a better Google search.
    Last edited by SportWagon; February 22nd, 2018 at 02:44 PM.

Junior Potato
    Just look at this set. That 312T4 in the centre is lovely!

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I wish I had room for half of that...

Crazy shit---> https://www.youtube.com/thebrickwallteam

Just picked up the little Fiesta WRC car, was a fun build. Went to toys-r-us thursday and it was like all hell broke loose in there and the liquidation hadn't even started yet.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    shit, I forgot about Toys R us...

So I went to a part of a mall that, for a relatively long time, I hadn't visited.

I looked at the store which I'm sure used to be a Merryland, but now is some other sort of somewhat pretentious semi-toy-store. Mostly they seemed to be a warehouse full of children's ride-in/on electric powered vehicles, cordoned off to curb children's enthusiasm.

But at the front they were trying to sell off KAZI LEGO-compatible sets. Actually, they seemed to have only a police station set--about a dozen visible for sale. They had a few semi-assembled pieces on the display, with a sign saying "try it". What, they expect LEGO users to carry a few genuine bricks in their pocket to test for compatibility?

Seemed odd that to my aging eyes the "KAZI", imprinted on the bricks instead of "LEGO", looked at a quick glance like "NAZI". And the policemen figures were dressed in primarily black, and quite martial-looking too.

And they do have a Tiger tank model for sale, too. For a while I thought LEGO did, too, but I think Google found someone who redid the model in real LEGO.

Searches find a German company Custombricks in trouble for producing LEGO compatible bricks identifiable as NAZI; KAZI official website appears to be http://kazi.aliexpress.com which appears to have lots of German text despite resolving to an apparent US-specific domain name. Other searches, however, suggest KAZI was from Hong Kong or (rest of) China. The website features lots of non-militaristic sets, tending in fact towards feminine themes. Or at least at some point the site seemed to direct me to that section. Perhaps because it is newer than the more typical military stuff.

And I find no clear connection between Custombricks and KAZI.
    Last edited by SportWagon; April 3rd, 2018 at 12:29 PM.

I went to a new part of that same mall and actually purchased (from the "Miniso" store) a...

https://www.miniso-au.com/en-au/prod...ng-blocks-1011

And assembled it the same afternoon.

The blocks are about 2/3 the size of Lego, but otherwise exact copies.

The set even used to be a LEGO set, with the exact same number of parts.
    As far as I can tell from pictures, the models are exactly the same, apart from size.

This set seems to have part number 1011; the LEGO set was 21011.
    The LEGO set seems to have been superseded by a "Berlin Skyline Set" (21027) which includes the Brandenburg Gate and other structures. But has fewer pieces?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    FYI, Netflix has season 2 of "The Toys that Made Us" and one of them is featuring Lego