Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Let's combine some somewhat random words together...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar.

Dropped by the local LEGO store for the first time in months.

I was most tempted by the Flintstones house (and car!) and the Mini Cooper set.

If they had a 1967 Monte Carlo Mini Cooper on its own for about $20, I might buy one.

My mission was to investigate the Yellow Submarine as a possible present for my brother. I confirmed that it is discontinued.

Odd thing. I recently encountered a LEGO Yellow Submarine in a friend's office. I had actually forgotten about when it had been mentioned in this thread.
    Last edited by SportWagon; August 12th, 2019 at 01:14 PM.

Junior Potato
    Check out Bricklink for the yellow sub if you really want one. You’ll most likely get the best prices there for an unopened set.

Wow. An interesting quick toy for only $5CDN. (Actually $4.86+tax = 5.50). In a polybag at Walmart.

This popcorn vendor set is cute, although his cart is actually way too big. But the corn-popping action is quite amusing.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-cit...nd-at-walmart/

I snapped these pictures about a month ago, but just got around to cleaning out my phone and uploading them.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Oddly enough, I found the box/receipt for the yellow sub this morning. Apparently I bought it in 2016...(?)

The LEGO Wooly Mammoth is fake LEGO! (Not counterfeit, but deviating from the principle of building models from block parts).

I had bought a Flintstones set. https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/t...ntstones-21316 It's about 2/3 built now.

One day I saw the Arctic Exploration set. https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/a...ion-base-60195 I kept thinking about how the wooly mammoth might fit in nicely with the Flintstones.

I was surprised how expensive it was (perhaps it's the 10 large ATV tires), but I let a 20% sale justify its purchase.

But i was disappointed that the mammoth body, while squared off in shape, was just a single molded piece with LEGO compatible feet, and a couple of 4x4 knob squares on its top. Its shape seemed to suggest how it could have been instead built from a collection of bricks. Perhaps a custom shoulder hump piece would then have been available for other future creative uses.

And the head piece, separated and connected into the body with a connector, does not really allow adequate movement. The head can look up or down, and rotate 360 degrees (unrealistically after a point), but there is no freedom to turn to look sideways.

In the old days, that would have been fairly quickly broken by many children attempting to make it move like it can't. Perhaps modern children learn to be more careful more early, being introduced to delicate sophisticated equipment at an early age?
    Last edited by SportWagon; October 21st, 2019 at 09:15 AM.

Just went to Legoland Malaysia. Much preferred it to Legoland Windsor, although the latter wasn't too bad.

Junior Potato
    SportWagon, case in point for you:

Lego produced this Dewback some time ago:

Then, they released a new Dewback a few years ago. The updated mould was more accurate, but there is no articulation at all.

Earlier this year they released this set with a fully brick-built Dewback, and it's cute as hell.