Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack Brabham dies

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    WTF how old was he, 762?
    As samoht said 88 and involved in motorsport until the day he died. This photo was taken on on Sunday the day before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Buick Power!
    It is usually described as a Repco engine (modified from the GM engine)

Repco is still going, as a parts and accessories store.

I stand corrected. Per Wikipedia.

"This engine being based on British/American Rover V8 /Buick 215 block[4] is a common misconception, as the Rover/Buick V8, although quite similar in appearance and size, had 5 cylinder-head-studs per cylinder (14 studs per head with 6 shared studs in-between-cylinders) configuration that cannot accommodate the 6 stud (18 studs per head with 6 shared studs in-between-cylinders) Repco RB620 heads. The difference in block design originated in Oldsmobile's intention to produce the higher power, turbo-charged Jetfire version. GM's later use of parts diagrams drawn for Oldsmobile in Buick parts catalog showing a 6 stud cylinder block further fueled the confusion."

Funny enough, I think GPL mentioned it was a Buick. Thus where I got my misconception.

Oldsmobile Power!

Phil, I think GPL may have had mentioned it as a Buick to workaround the fact they maybe didn't have the rights to use the Repco name. Same as the Murasama being the Honda.

Ah. That's right. Forgot they didn't have full licenses in the game. Haven't played it in forever. Miss the old girl, still have the disc at work though.