Page 180 of 187 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1870

Thread: Destiny - Bungie's Next Big Project

I booted up for the first time since the update. I am surprised to see players already wearing full sets of new gear. I play games a lot, but geez...

Crota's End only takes about an hour to run, even with challenges. The Deathsinger Challenge is a guaranteed ornament drop and Crota Challenge is a guaranteed two ornament drop. Thus you get 3 ornaments per week per character. So all the player would need is multiple characters of the same class and a little luck.

I have poor luck in this game.

Just ordered my copy of destiny 2, with the dlc pass

I was able to complete the Challenge modes for Templar and Atheon via an LFG group. I would say that the Templar is the more difficult of the two though Atheon took longer.

I got a Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept), Atheon's Epilogue (Adept), Atheon's Epilogue, Praetorian Foil, Hezen Vengence, Battlecage of Kabr and Light of the Great Prism.

And I completed the AoT book, well completed as in I can now order my T-shirt. I still have quite a few nodes to actually complete the entire book.

#rockstar

How “one more attempt” ended up with me playing til 3AM.

Last night I planned to just run a few of the Weekly Story missions to collect more Legendary Marks. I had three missions remaining for the week and thus 60 marks. So I ran the first two and as I was running the last one, my buddy from work messages me and says they need a 6th at Atheon. So I figured, I could get a quick drop from Atheon Challenge mode, maybe I can get a VoC.

Not so much. We tried for like an hour and people could not get it together. Supplicants are a bitch but if people would just do their job and correctly the battle would only takes like 3 minutes. It’s possible to down him in one round and it’s very easy to down him in two rounds.

Everyone gets frustrated, group is about to break up. So I stated, “you know, we don’t have to complete the Challenge to get a drop from Atheon. We can still get Legendary armor and weapons.” So everyone agrees and just wants to kill the bastard. So, it’s old school, people teleported take care of the oracles etc. Finish it on the next attempt. People get drops, everyone leaves satisfied. I got the Hunter Helmet and Found Verdict.

But I’m all charged up, I wanna take him down for the Challenge. I think it’s like 12:30. So I load up the LFG app and look for a team at Atheon. Send a few messages and then get an invite. We load in and on the third attempt we take him down. I ran Relic both rounds so it felt extra satisfying. I get Fatebringer (Adept).

Everyone in the group says, you know I wouldn’t mind running it on such and such alternate character. For me, with my Warlock. Now what I thought they meant was killing Atheon. But it meant running the whole raid. It’s like 1:15. But I’m wide awake. So I said screw it, this group did real well we may be able to run the raid in 45 minutes/an hour.

We open the door, clear Confluxes and clear Oracles on the first attempt. Moving along nicely. We get tripped up a bit at Templar but clear the Challenge in a few attempts. Adds are crazy for that Challenge but it is fun and hectic. Run down into the well, skip trying to kill all the Gorgons, do the jumping puzzle and open the Vault.

I think we died once trying to kill the Templar. Quick discussion of who is going in and who is doing what fixes that and we clear the next attempt. It’s probably 2:00 AM. Ok let’s jam it down his throat like we did last time. And then a series of mess-ups and misfortune leads us to a string of failed attempts. It’s 2:26 AM, “Just one more time then I gotta go”. Fail-Fail-Fail, It’s 2:37 AM “Just one more time then I gotta go”. Fail-Fail-Fail, finally at 3AM it all fits together and we down Atheon.

For that run I got: Praedyth's Timepiece (Adept), Fatebringer (Adept), Praetorian Foil, Found Verdict, Warlock Helm, Warlock Bond.

So in the end I didn’t get what I truly wanted, VoC, but I can’t complain about the loot. They are giving it out in droves during AoT.

Sounds very cool, I love nights like that.

Hoss.

Since I had a massive GR:W patch to download, I thought I'd play some Destiny instead.

Logged on, updated and jumped into the Daily Strike... noooope! Nope-nope-nope can't do it, I'm still too burnt out.