Page 101 of 187 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1870

Thread: Destiny - Bungie's Next Big Project

Play Vanguard Strike Playlists most of the time. It'll probably take some time but you will eventually get quality drops -- you WILL get a Vanguard effect that will increase your rate of drops the more consecutive Strikes you string together.

Just takes longer. #casualgaming

I've pretty much only played with my Titan since TTK Release and I finally got her up to 290+ Light.

I have completed the main story but some of the side quests I have yet to finish. I completed the Gunsmith quests for the Titan Legendary and Titan Exotic weapons. The Legendary (Shotgun) has a great perk that if you pop a bubble and have Armor of Light enabled it does not use any ammo. The Exotic has some nice perks but I wish it was a HI, LRoF auto rifle instead of a HRoF, LI auto rifle. I guess if I didn't have a Zhalo Supercell it would work fine but Zhalo's mob crushing perks makes it incredibly useful.

I also have yet to try the Raid. I'm hoping to gather a group of virgins and try it out in the next few weeks. So far, TTK has been way more than I expected. The amount of stuff to do is almost overwhelming.

Good work! I should look up how to do those Gunsmith quests.

I made another attempt at the new raid last night. Just practicing different techniques since this group also only made it about halfway...

Yeah, there is not much info on those. I didn't want to do them because they didn't look worth it. They really could explain these things better.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Yeah, there is not much info on those. I didn't want to do them because they didn't look worth it. They really could explain these things better.
    Call me crazy but it seems pretty obvious that because I can now obtain rank with the Gunsmith that it might mean something.

Getting rank with other people just gives you Emblems to unlock though, don't they?
    Maybe it's just me, but I haven't gotten anything really useful from leveling up the other ranks. Definitely not any legendary items. I never would have bothered to level up his rank based on previous information.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Getting rank with other people just gives you Emblems to unlock though, don't they?
    With the release of TTK, you can now get Quests from different people for ranking them up. And the reward for those quests can be Legendary and Exotic items.

Here is what I have received from the Gunsmith so far:

Level 1: Legendary Weapon plus the opportunity to buy Legendary armsday weapons
    Level 2: Legendary weapon plus quest for Titan specific Legendary weapon plus I can buy two armsday weapons every week and he gives me two choices for each of those weapons.
    Level 3: Quest for Titan Exotic specific weapon plus I can buy three armsday weapons every week and he gives me three choices for each of those weapons.

If there is one thing you should do every week even if you have a small amount of time it is the weapon bounties for the Gunsmith.

And I saw you Carlo......
    Last edited by Phil_SS; October 1st, 2015 at 05:14 AM.

Saw me? Where?

Having that info more readily available would be nice, is all. With how long they've been working on this game and how much resources they've been pouring into it, you'd think it would be a little more intuitive.

It's almost like you need to have wiki.destiny & the mobile app available at all times just to know what you are supposed to be doing. The game doesn't even have a map, FFS!!!

I was wondering around Mars for an hour last night before Carlo showed me where to go to beat one of the house of wolves quests because it is a timed event and there are no clues to point you where to go. (explore mars, it said) Had he not shown me where to sit and wait... for probably 10 minutes, I never would have run across the event. [/end rant]

P.S. Thanks Carlo!
    P.P.S. Still had fun last night.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Saw me? Where?
    You weren't showing up on my roster but I saw you were playing with Denetti and Kid.

Kid, it does tell you what region to go to for that mission, "Patrol Mars to find and destroy the Archon Priest stalking the Rubicon Wastes." Once there you have to wait for the Fallen to get frenzied. I do agree that for any new player it may not be intuitive that once you get to that region, you may have to wait for the event to happen. Everything in the game works on timers. Just depends on the trigger. Which could be you interacting via your ghost or it could be a timed Public Event, like with the Taken Events or the Wolves on Mars Public event.

Also, anytime you are doing anything you can always pull up your ghost and get more information on what you are supposed to do. Aka the select button, there will be a small write up about the mission if you are on one. Plus when you are in an area and an event happens it will show up on your regular UI screen in the bottom left corner. It will say, "The wolves are on the prowl" or "The Taken are consuming the area". At that point, an event is happening in your area.

And there could be several at one time. I was in Skywatch a few days ago and a Warsat Public Event, Taken Public Event and Hive/Fallen battle were all going on at one time. It was completely insane and awesome at the same time.

Call me crazy but I don't want the game to just lead me to every single thing. I want to have a bit of mystery and exploration. Figuring out what things do or how to beat a certain opponent is half the fun for me.