Page 183 of 187 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1870

Thread: Destiny - Bungie's Next Big Project

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Cam! I hit Light Level 350 on the nose!!
    It turns out that a 350 Light Level is too low to unlock the Nightfall; I had to bump my LL up to 355.

Baddies are back to being REALLY lethal and soloing the SIVA Story Mission/Taken War mission hopper is legitimately tough without dying -- yet the damage drop off really isn't bad. Kinda turns you into a glass cannon type of character. Good stuff.
    Last edited by novicius; June 30th, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

Had a fine time with lots of Destiny over the extended weekend. Ended up raiding the Vault of Glass, King's Fall and Wrath of the Machine quite a bit.

Was on a raid with a guy that solo'd Wrath of the Machine boss Aksis pt. 2 like this:

"Tell a Titan only a madman would go. Tell a Hunter it will be fun. Tell a Warlock it is impossible." <3

I'm totally a hunter. My play style, my humor, my insanity.

It's in my blood.

Somebody made a Destiny-themed Choose Your Own Adventure story.

Nightfall this week is Small Arms + Solar Burn, so I got to try out my Smite of Merain (Adept) pulse rifle last night.

...and it's kinda weak, honestly.

I was rolling with a pair of fellas from The100.io who both had the Vex Mythoclast auto rifle so they were just absolutely melting baddies. Yellow-bar Taken Wizards & Captains stood no chance at the Warsat, and the Fallen S.A.B.E.R went down before the second pylons were raised on all three passes.

Total time for x3 runs was under 30 minutes.

Damn

So the Vex Mythoclast... did they upgrade the gun? Or get a better one from a harder raid? Because I got lucky and snagged one way, way back. Used and abused it, but then the game mechanics changed after I stopped playing.

Yeah there's a new version that drops in the 390 VoG raid now (as always, Phil will have the concrete deets).

I don't even know what I used... Black Spindle & rockets all three times, I think. Wait, I have a solar Saladin's Vigil fusion rifle that I used for a bit, too -- they literally carried me through the Nightfall.

Going back to D1 after the Beta and it's amazing how fuzzy and low rez everything is -- thanks Playstation 3.

It's funny: I jumped into D1 Mayhem Clash 6v6 after the Beta ended last night (right after a double kill ) for an extreme power-level difference. I even had my Obsidian Mind on for an added boost to the extreme comparison.

...and the difference is still pretty small for casuals IMO. Looks worse, that's a big thing. Run out of Secondary ammo quicker in D1. Much quicker refresh rates of powers of course but once I got used to slow drip of powers in the Beta, it was all good.

But for highly ranked players the differences & distinctions between the two games are so strong that it's making some of them not buy. There's Overwatch for those folks, I suppose.

You're right, I didn't notice a difference. To me, D2 seems like Destiny 1.5. It seems like an expansion pack. D1 already looked amazing. Maybe you have a better screen than me. I did not notice any fundamental differences in the game play. I realize they can't change it too much. Overall, I'm underwhelmed. *shrug*

Well I am playing on a 27" Full HD IPS LED monitor that's two feet from my face.

Phil's Bronze Age 720p TV would probably make the Beta look identical!
    Last edited by novicius; July 26th, 2017 at 06:43 AM.