Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

*synth* I WORKOUT

Post your fitness/exercise stuff here (apart from cycling-specific stuff which should probably stay in the Cycling thread kthxbai).

I got a second piece of birthday cake, which requires going downstairs.

I just spent 15 minutes looking at Vitamix v Blendtech reviews. I feel like such a tool.

Whoomah!

It occurs to me the other stair-related activity I engaged in recently was repairing a phone line. One of my employers built a multi-million dollar house in Tahoe on the side of the mountain. Street level - where the phone lines come in - is the garage. Down one flight of steps is the living area. Down another flight of steps is the sleeping area. Down another flight of steps is the rec area and phone closet. I went up and down those four flights probably two dozen times on Tuesday, and 20 times last Thursday. I started Tuesday with sore legs, and ended in pain and winded.

I do a $hitload of group fitness classes, so things like "pump" (lifting weights), combat (where you pretend to punch and kick stuff), step (where you step), and a couple of others.

I also do the occasional weights only session in the gym, but unless I have a gym buddy to do the programme with, I get so bored that I want to kill myself.

Basically I need music, and somebody shouting at me, otherwise I get bored exercising.

Outcome of which, I'm at the gym probably 6 days out of 7, for either one, or two hours. Yes, I'm one of *those* people. But on the positive side, it does mean that at age 41, I'm in very good shape. Which the ladies like.

I'm no runner, not in shape either, but I plan to run my first 5k on Monday morning, should get a free shirt. Will jog the whole way, slowly. Looking at a leisurely 36 minute time, maybe a cut under.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I do a $hitload of group fitness classes, so things like "pump" (lifting weights), combat (where you pretend to punch and kick stuff), step (where you step), and a couple of others.
    Les Mills Kiwi pride, AMIRITE??

I also do the occasional weights only session in the gym, but unless I have a gym buddy to do the programme with, I get so bored that I want to kill myself.

Basically I need music, and somebody shouting at me, otherwise I get bored exercising.
    Music, yeah, but I think technique and focus are more important.

6 out of 7? You nut.

Just started prepping for my first 5k which is next saturday. I just started with a 1.5mile jog and netted it in 11'49 sec.

Which translates to a 7'46 mile.

My goal next Saturday is to be under 20 minutes for my 5k. I should have enough prep time to pull that off.

Actually I don't go to Les Mills ... they're a bit over priced (near double what I pay).

The instructors are pretty good with technique, because most of them are now mates, so I've had a few specific technique training sessions with them.

Yeah 6-7 is a bit mad, especially as while I'm unemployed, I've done a lot of days of morning, and evening classes. Ah well.