Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

How long has it been?

Since end of May.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, you probably need to up it friend.

It's been approximately 47 weeks since I began my social distancing running routine, and I started on my tenth pair of shoes today.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    It's been approximately 47 weeks since I began my social distancing running routine, and I started on my tenth pair of shoes today.
    Started on my 11th pair today.

Also, one my inspirations passed away today. RIP Dick Hoyt.

Wow, you are a schudestroyer! You should've raced in F-1 while you were younger. Michael might not win that many championships with your ability to destroy shoes!

RIP Dick Hoyt and those 10 pairs of shoes of yours...

Started working out literally yesterday. I have a stepper that my sister lent me a while ago, but went unused for months.

Yesterday I tried it for the first time and let me tell you those little things are no joke. This one swivels from left to right and has resistance bands also, and it really gives you quite the thorough cardio workout. I did it for 30 minutes, (taking breaks in between because my legs hurt like hell), and burned 130 calories. It’s amazing how one can put on 130 calories in a few seconds by eating a chocolate chip cookie, but it’s oh so difficult and painful to burn off.

Also did some weights yesterday. Bench press, dumbbell chest workout and general dumbbell bicep curls. The plan was to do five sets of ten reps, but could only manage to do three sets. Oh well, next time.

Today I will focus on core exercises - lunges, sit-ups and planks. Of course, after another grueling 30 minutes on the stepper. I’m sure it’ll get easier with time. I was so damn out of shape it’s not funny. Soon I’ll be a lean and fit sex machine!

If you ever have questions about programming a useful workout, feel free to ask. But any workout is a good workout.

Get out of the mindset of "burning calories" though. No matter what training you do, unless you're a regular Ultra-Marathon runner, you will not burn enough to make a difference in weight loss. You lose weight with nutrition. Exercise is to improve cardiovascular health, and to either add muscle (when bulking up), or recomp or minimize the loss of muscle when losing weight.

Good work though! Just remember, if your exercise "gets easier," you're doing it wrong.

Your life gets easier when you're fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    Just remember, if your exercise "gets easier," you're doing it wrong.
    That's a great reason, to me, to not exercise.

But of course Cam saves it

(I also think that exercise gets "easier" when you actually start to get the chemicals released in your brain that make you feel better after you exercise. I've heard some people that say they get the feeling from lifting weights but not cardio, some that get it from cardio but not weight lifting, and others that get it from both. I never get it, though I used to get the desire to do push-ups, many years ago. Now I hate thinking about working out beforehand, I hate it while I'm doing it, and I hate it afterwards. I never get the chemicals released in my brain to tell me that I should enjoy it.)
    Last edited by Kchrpm; March 18th, 2021 at 07:48 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track