Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

Back stroke should be perfect for you...

Is Planet Fitness good enough as a gym?

Im looking for somewhere 24 hours and not super expensive. Lots of locations is a plus as well.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! TheBenior's Avatar
    If you just want to increase your general fitness, it's fine. If you get into lifting heavy free weights, it sucks.

They have a lot of dumb rules designed to try to make everyone feel good all the time. There's a "Lonk Alarm" that annoyed people can hit if you make a grunting noise, or if you drop a weight on the floor. They tend to discourage proper weight lifting with free weights in general. And because of those dumb rules, you get into a lot of bullshit arguments with others about what constitutes "dropping weights" and when a grunt is too loud, or okay.

I would honestly try to find a better local gym and pay just a bit more. Unless you're into just circuit training with machines, I suppose. I think they offer free pizza to members, if regularly sabotaging your hard work is up your alley. :/

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    They have a lot of dumb rules designed to try to make everyone feel good all the time. There's a "Lonk Alarm" that annoyed people can hit if you make a grunting noise, or if you drop a weight on the floor. They tend to discourage proper weight lifting with free weights in general. And because of those dumb rules, you get into a lot of bullshit arguments with others about what constitutes "dropping weights" and when a grunt is too loud, or okay.

I would honestly try to find a better local gym and pay just a bit more. Unless you're into just circuit training with machines, I suppose. I think they offer free pizza to members, if regularly sabotaging your hard work is up your alley. :/
    I saw a youtube video about weightlifter Brian Shaw and others going there and they got free pizza...I thought it was a joke.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

I'm all for body positivity and inclusiveness, but they go off the fucking deep end there.

Does the gym with the free pizza have free beer on tap also?

(asking for a friend)

I've been a member of Planet Fitness for almost a year and have yet to see any pizza there. That being said there is a huge bowl of Tootsie Rolls sitting on the check in counter. The main reason I go is to ride the stationary bike and use the massage chair. I've gone twice this week after not having gone since New Year's Day. Sunday I did 18 minutes on the bike and rode 4 miles. Yesterday it was 35 minutes and 8.3 miles and a top heart rate of 140. Both times I was gassed when I was done. The "Lunk Alarm" also applies to those who judge others.

From what I hear, it's also a haven for Instagram bunnies and their groupies. So you'll have a bunch of room taken up with people constantly taking selfies and doing glute-ham raises over and over for hours on end.

Probably nice to look at, but I have a feeling it would get old quickly.