Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

I've been working out with a personal trainer for an hour once a week since April or May. I hate it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Does it involve running?

Dang JSG, what the heck! So good that you paid attention and you and your Doc followed through to find this out. Do you mind sharing the RSID and allele mutation for this propensity to clot? My Google-fu couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Dang JSG, what the heck! So good that you paid attention and you and your Doc followed through to find this out. Do you mind sharing the RSID and allele mutation for this propensity to clot? My Google-fu couldn't find it.
    I'm not sure what RSID is, but that was probably discussed in my report and will be a term that I will becoming familiar with in my future. However the test said that I was positive for Factor V Leiden

Gotcha. So the RSID (or SNP) is like the gene address. The one for Factor V Leiden is Rs6025. Looks like the double mutation increases the likelihood of clotting further beyond the single mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Does it involve running?
    No, I believe it would be considered high intensity interval training. It's a 3x3x3 thing, with ten to twenty reps each depending on how well I'm doing at each particular thing. I can barely walk by the end of it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Take care, JSG. Glad you caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Gotcha. So the RSID (or SNP) is like the gene address. The one for Factor V Leiden is Rs6025. Looks like the double mutation increases the likelihood of clotting further beyond the single mutation.
    Thank you for this link. It's very thorough and technical and exactly something that I like to feed my gray matter on! I'm a single mutation variant... but as I'd expect, that page does mention that since I've had one incident... I'm likely to be on blood thinners permanently to help prevent another. It all makes sense, even if it's not the best of news... it's REAL... information and answers and reasons and research.

Still mostly just walks this week. Everything feels great. I did go for two slow jogs this week as well. A mile out and back. Those felt fine too but I won't be going farther than that for some time just as a precaution. I'd LIKE to go much farther, and my legs and body FEEL like I could... but I'd still rather ease in to a slow jogging routine gradually. I'm probably stopping at the midpoint and stretching for a longer duration than I'm actually jogging during those two stints.

So glad you listened to your body and everything turned out for the best. Take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I've been working out with a personal trainer for an hour once a week since April or May. I hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I believe it would be considered high intensity interval training. It's a 3x3x3 thing, with ten to twenty reps each depending on how well I'm doing at each particular thing. I can barely walk by the end of it.
    FWIW, I can tell you from my experience going from being very out of shape to being modestly athletic, it sucks but it's worth it. For the first couple years I really rejected the idea of working out. Why would anybody torture themselves like this? I'd think. It was miserable. But as I got stronger and fitter it became slightly less horrible, and I was able to do so much more in day to day or athletic endeavors. I'm by no means the poster child for physical fitness now, but I'm way better off than I was and that's the key. Find whatever motivation or techniques you need to stick with it until you learn ways to tolerate it or even enjoy it. Do it with a buddy, keep reaching for a goal, do it for your health, whatever it may be. Obviously my motivation came from racing performance, but even now that I'm not racing I have other reasons to stay fit (long term health and decline being a big one - there are sooo many benefits to regular exercise in regards to this). For me, outdoor running became a surprising thing that I actually started enjoying after a while. I still strength train and do other things for overall fitness.

Anyway, the point is, it gets better.