Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If you're looking to drop weight, count calories. Because weight loss for almost everyone happens in the kitchen, not in the gym. Peanut butter is really high in calories . It has some good fuel in it, but it's going to be an alarming amount of calories if you're counting.
    This. Times ten. No amount of kettlebell swings will outrun overeating.

One tablespoon of peanut butter is 90-100 calories. And most people put more than that in a PB sandwich.

In regards to eating I generally recommend the book 'A Fat lot of Good' by Dr Peter Brukner. If you're serious about dropping weight, ensuring you don't get type 2 diabetes and resolving issues like fatty liver then this book goes into the science behind nutrition to give you some proper advice. You really should read it and certainly from the people who I know that have and generally followed it both their weight and overall health (bloodwork, fatty liver and diabetes indicators etc) have improved out of sight.

For exercise if you're trying to lose weight and get some fitness back hiit tends to work best, you should be incorporating at least some in your weekly exercise regime and its the sort of thing that can easily be done at home. personally I found https://www.fitnessblender.com/ worked really well for me.

I personally wouldn't put a lot of trust into a single exercise, you need need to get a balanced routine working all areas. My best improvements came when I started going to the gym regularly with a balanced routine with enough other things like hiit and cardio for fitness. You should try different things though because you need to find the things you enjoy as you have to enjoy it for it to be sustainable.

I injured my knee about 18 months ago and that combined with heavy travel led me to a very bad place healthwise. I'm currently about 70lbs down on where I was 6 months ago with miles better fitness and while I've obviously made some changes in my life I still travel and eat out regularly and I still love my cocktails and wine (though now I have to be a lot more careful with those because I can't drink half as much as I used to).

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I'm not ONLY doing those exercises, just saying, for the amount of time required it's a really effective workout from what I've seen

I don't want to JUST do cardio as many people do. Muscle building is important

YES. MUSCLES

Confirmed by my doctor yesterday: after 18 years, I am cured of sleep apnea. No more goddamn CPAP machine.

Good outcome

I'm still hard out doing gym group fitness classes, 8 years and counting now. Fitness levels are satisfying, given that I'm 46 now. I tend to do an hour hard out 6 - 7 days a week, every second week I'll do a few 2 hour a day gym missions rather than 1.

Once a year, I try to see how many hours I get in on one day. On Sunday, over 7.5 hours, I managed 6 hours worth of gym classes, and didn't die.

Which means I'll probably be really fit, for when I randomly become terminally ill with cancer, like most of my family tends to do

I don't tend to share all that many "me" pics, and because it's a photo with the kids in it, it's not a FB photo, but I'll put it up here. Since it's fitness related. Not for distribution elsewhere.
    So yeah "exercise classes for women" work really well.

Dunking the kid.jpg

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    Confirmed by my doctor yesterday: after 18 years, I am cured of sleep apnea. No more goddamn CPAP machine.
    Good job. I'm hoping for the same outcome as I too am stuck with one of those stupid machines right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Good outcome

I'm still hard out doing gym group fitness classes, 8 years and counting now. Fitness levels are satisfying, given that I'm 46 now. I tend to do an hour hard out 6 - 7 days a week, every second week I'll do a few 2 hour a day gym missions rather than 1.

Once a year, I try to see how many hours I get in on one day. On Sunday, over 7.5 hours, I managed 6 hours worth of gym classes, and didn't die.

Which means I'll probably be really fit, for when I randomly become terminally ill with cancer, like most of my family tends to do

I don't tend to share all that many "me" pics, and because it's a photo with the kids in it, it's not a FB photo, but I'll put it up here. Since it's fitness related. Not for distribution elsewhere.
    So yeah "exercise classes for women" work really well.

Dunking the kid.jpg
    Decent results, man.

Was YW really doing stand-up paddling, or was that the closest fit in strava to dragon-boat racing?

Yes, it was the closest fit. I just renamed the profile in my watch.