Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

Major First World Problems.

Started Shaun T's 'Focus T25' a few weeks ago. Not as easy as it may look...in fact it's very tough.

Had a rough start...punked out halfway through the first week, then skipped the following week and then tried it again last week and completed week 1. Got on the scale over the weekend and was discouraged to see I didn't lose a single pound, so I decided to skip it again this week. Over the past couple of days, without working out, I noticed that I dropped a couple of pounds for no reason. I reckon there's some sort of delayed reaction to the weight loss...so I shouldn't have punked out this week. I'll get back at it next week...back to week 1 for the third time. LOL.
    Last edited by sandydandy; May 22nd, 2014 at 04:50 AM.

I'm doing a highly irregular P90x schedule, along with basketball, and loads of walking about.

I should probably up my game.

About 19 months ago I got a bad case of plantar fasciitis. I've had it before so I stopped running and rested/waited. Got new orthotics and then started trying to run again (this was now about 15 months ago.) Suddenly, pain in my knee occurred that I've never experience before. I did the usual stop and wait it out strategy... but it didn't go away. It felt like it got worse. I wasn't running at ALL and it would hurt sitting too long, going up and down stairs and sometimes really hurt if I pushed off on it to quickly rush across the street or something like that. I wasn't running and it wasn't getting better. I was vexed and about 50 pounds heavier.

This went on for a whole year and then I went to see the doc. Told me it was "Runner's Knee". Showed me some stretches to do. Thankful that it wasn't a blown tendon or something... I immediately started getting into a running program again. Started with 3 mile runs 5 days a week. A month ago, I've upped those runs to now 5 miles a pop. Some nights I'll jump on the elliptical machine for another workout for 60 to 100 minutes. It is VERY rough work getting back in shape (and losing weight) but I'm well on my way. My plan is by end of summer to be at where I was before these injuries took place: 5 miles a day M-F and then one or two runs of 16+ miles on the weekend.

Also, I've started my runs ALOT slower and gradually build up the speed so that I'm at pace after the second mile. This seems to have REALLY helped. My knee hasn't felt this good in what seems like an eternity!

All I do is cycle

That's what I wish I could do more often (for exercise AND leisure).

Leon - you might as well give up your passport and move West then.

This is my first week in a different office building. I work on the eighth floor and I don't use the elevators. I used to work in this building on the seventh floor and know I can maintain my anti-elevator status indefinitely. I climb eight floors all at once in the morning, at lunch when I go for a walk and/or to get lunch, and I'm 15 steps away from the door to the stairs so I can go climb up and down anytime I get the doldrums from sitting down too long. I really enjoy that. This week I've noticed I can ride my bicycle five miles to work, the last half of which is mostly uphill, and I arrive feeling GREAT. I'm sweaty, sure, but ready for more. I gotta say, the stairs are worse than the bike ride, unless I take my time on the stairs, which I don't. I do admit to standing outside the door to my floor while I catch my breath so no one calls an ambulance for me from my gasping - but that's after a fast climb after the bike ride and before my shower. I climb them a little more calmly during the business day.

I realize climbing stairs isn't the same as running or being a gym-rat or riding centuries on a bike but I figure climbing stairs is better than not climbing stairs. Any of you guys who would like to come out here to over a mile above sea level and climb stairs with me are most welcome. Bring yer oxygen tanks!
    Last edited by George; May 22nd, 2014 at 07:31 AM.

I go to the gym for an hour or so whenever I can get one of my lady friends to go with me.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Climbing stairs can be pretty hardcore, dude. I don't laugh at it.

Yeah, especially when you are at a mile. I experienced that first hand when I was in Guatemala. Walking around was a chore when I had to walk everywhere. By the second week, I wasn't getting muscle fatigue or out of breath.

I came back to KC and 1000ft and felt like I had been working out like crazy. Blood stores had increase during my 17days.

MLR of the story. You take away oxygen stores, then climb stairs, and you have a pretty decent workout.